Chapter Twenty-Two

Emery

We were upstairs in our bed. I haven't said a word to James and I'm not planning to for the rest of the night.

I'm not very fond of Violet but he shouldn't have threatened and hurt her the way he did. It scared me just a little bit.

I know he was just protecting me but I really wished he wouldn't of hit her the way he did.

My back was facing towards him while I tried closing my eyes to fall asleep but I couldn't and it seems like he couldn't either.

He started rubbing my arm. He wanted me to look at him but I couldn't. I'm upset with him right now.

He tickled my shoulder while I was trying so hard to not crack a smile. I could hear him chuckle.

He sighed. "Em, please look at me." He said.

I sighed and turned around, slowly facing him. I kept my head down since I couldn't look him in the eye without feeling upset again.

"Look at me." He told me once again. I slowly lifted my head and stared into his green eyes.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Are you serious?" I said and he looked at me in confusion.

"If this is about Violet, I'm not sorry." He said shrugging.

I scoffed and turned around again, my back facing him. He could've at least apologized for hurting her in front of me. But of course, he didn't.

I could feel him coming closer to me. Soon, his chest was on my back. I took a deep breath.

"Don't be disturbed." He whispered in my ear. "I'm sorry for upsetting you." He said. "I just lost it when I saw her hands on you. No one can lay a finger on you. No one."

He plays with the end of my purple hair and leans up and kisses my cheek.

"You're mine. Mine to protect. Mine to love. Mine to care for. I can't have anybody hurting you." He said and I sighed.

I turned around and faced him again. We were really close to each other that if I moved one inch, my lips would be touching his.

"I understand all of that, James. I really do." I told him.

"So what's the problem?" He asked.

"My problem is that you shouldn't put your hands on any woman. Haven't you learned from the times you've done it to me?" I told him.

"I vowed to never hurt you. I don't give a fuck about those other girls." He said. "If somebody lays a hand on you, damn right I'll hurt them. Nobody can touch you." He said once again.

I sighed. "I understand that James."

"Then, what's the problem, Emery. Help me understand." He said, getting a little frustrated.

I couldn't argue with him about this. I couldn't because she deserved it. But it doesn't mean that he should've hit her. But I know that I wouldn't, so I don't know if he's in the right or not. If it was coming from me, then yes.

I guess I felt upset because I don't like seeing James like that towards other women. But, I'm still trying to change him. I don't want him to be that way to any female.

"Nothing." I said.

"No, I'm serious. Tell me." He pushed.

"James, it's nothing. I just felt upset because I don't like seeing you like that." I told him. "All violent and threatening."

"Sometimes, I have to be like that." He told me.

"Baby, I'm a gang leader. I kill people, threaten them, do whatever I want to them. Even women." He said.

"I can't just change who I am and if you can't accept that, I'm sorry." He said.

He's right. I can't make him change who he is.

"You're right." I said lowly.

"Listen," he pulled my chin up so I was looking at him.

"I love you. I really do." He said.

"I know." I said. "Do you hurt innocent people?" I ask him.

"No." He replied. "I only hurt the bad people. I'm not that cruel and heartless to people." I chuckled.

"Yeah." I said smiling.

"So, can we move on from this?" He asked and I nod.

He leans down and kisses my lips. He pulled away then caressed my cheek.

"I don't like making you upset." He whispered.

"I know." I said.

"I love love love you, mi amor." He said and I chuckled.

"I love you too, James." I said.

"Eres tan preciosa y me alegro de que seas mia." He said in Spanish.

"What does that mean?" I ask.

"It means "you are so precious and I'm glad that you are mine." He replied.

I giggled and he chuckles while circling his thumb on my cheek.

"I never expected this." He said.

"Never expected what?" I asked.

"To fall in love with you." He replied. "Ever since I first saw you, I held some type of possession and attraction towards you which led me to do things like kidnapping you and forcing you to submit to me."

"I regret hurting you the ways that I did but at that time, I felt that if I hurt you, you wouldn't try to escape and leave."

"You're the first person I ever truly cared deeply about and loved after my parents. I can't ever lose you." He whispered.

"You won't." I said and he nods.

"I love you, precious." He said.

"I love you too." I replied.

He lays on his back. I climb on top of him and straddled his waist and leaned down and nuzzled my face in his neck, inhaling his addicting scent.

He chuckled and stroked my hair which were in two pigtail braids.

I yawned and closed my eyes, falling asleep.

****************
Did you think James was wrong? Do you think his reasoning is valid?

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

If you did, please comment and vote!

Thanks for reading! All love x