-Chapter Three

I would like to dedicate this chapter to @friskriel. Thank you for being my very first voter!

"Good evening," I greeted the waiter at Hudson Waterfront Restaurant. The restaurant looked very expensive and believe me, it was. There was a view of a gleaming stream that looked majestic in daylight and even better at night.

"Evening ma'am, what can I get you?" The waitress asked.

"A glass of virgin mojito please," I told her, "Oh and can you please check if Cara is ready to go?"

"Chef Cara Lockhart?" She asked and I nodded.

She walked away from my table. I tapped on the table looking at the expensive interior of the restaurant. The restaurant was filled with rich people using their forks and knives, dining, and unnecessarily dabbing their mouth with their napkins way too much for it to be normal.

I almost died when I saw the prices on the menu the first time I came here. I had ordered a glass of water with slices of lemon and mint along with steak and veggies but damn... I even asked if Jesus baptized the food or something because the prices were just too high, but the food did taste good though. So I guess that would explain the high pricing.

The waitress came back with my virgin mojito and a plate balancing the food on a black tray. She put the glass and plate before me and I was about to dig in when I remembered something.

"I didn't order this." I pointed to the plate with the delicious looking sandwiches on it.

"I know ma'am, Chef Lockhart says to give this to you while she gathers up her things." I nodded at the waiter. I immediately dug in as soon as she left. Whoever is going to marry Cara will be one happy fella.

A shadow stood over me interrupting my heavenly feast. I looked up to see familiar black hair paired up with emerald green eyes. Justin's brother.

It has been almost a week since that night at the masquerade ball. I still had butterflies every time I thought back to that night. The conversations, the kiss or should I say kisses, the way his hands touched me in all the right places igniting my body without him even trying. I woke up everyday with a hopeful thought that maybe I would see him again. I even went to the hospital even though I knew he was lying, just to make sure he doesn't work there. I asked Tumi but he knew nothing about a guy named Justin, with my description, who worked at Saint Jeremiah Hospital. It would have helped if I knew his surname but after day five I stopped asking because it was just weird and I was beginning to sound a bit stalker-ish.

"Hi." I greeted the guy. I felt awkward with him staring at me like I was some sort of puzzle he needed to solve.

"Hey," he continued to analyse me, "do I know you?"

Phew! He does not recognise me. The mask must have done a great job hiding my identity. Or maybe it's because I'm not wearing anything quite as revealing as that dress. I'm in blue mom jeans and a yellow polar neck sweater. Oh and my face is bare of any make-up and my blue contacts while my hair is in semi-long passion twists.

"I don't think so." I said, avoiding eye contact with him while sipping on my drink.

"No I really think I-"

"I am so sorry for being late, Lerato but at least you got free-" Cara paused looking between Justin's brother and I. Her eyes widen and I shook my head shutting down the thousands of ideas already forming in her head. Oh God!

Justin's brother eyed Cara up and down, not even trying to be discrete. Pervert. Cara is a bit short but it suited her. She has naturally tanned skin and black untameable curls, thanks to her Hispanic mother. She has an hour glass figure that many girls would die for. If I was a boy I would definitely hit that.