-Chapter Thirty Seven

I looked at myself in the mirror of our bedroom. The dress looked amazing on me. It fit me like a glove.

It was a black mermaid dress with dusts of gold. When Justin handed me the dress I was a bit reluctant, especially after I saw it but turns out my fiancée has better taste than I do.

I opened the door and closed it behind me. I had taken a total of two hours and thirty minutes to get ready. I could've maybe taken two hours if I was warned about this earlier or if I didn't spend an entire twenty minutes saying no to the dresses in my closet before Justin knocked and handed me the dress that was specially made for me by a client of his.

I didn't know what tonight holds. I was excited yet nervous at the same time. While I was busy in my room I heard more than three pairs of feet rushing up and down the apartment downstairs. So should I expect to see people? It's not my birthday and it's not his birthday so to what do I owe the pleasure of being so dolled up?

I walked down the small flight of stairs, taking note of the beautiful fairy lights that were wrapped around the railing of the stairs. Justin stared at me following my every moment as I took it one step at a time. It felt like my very own Cinderella moment with my Prince Charming waiting at the bottom of the stairs, in a black custom fit suit and a tie that matched my dress, looking up at his princess.

Justin looked so devilishly handsome that I was tempted to run down the stairs, jump into his arms and kiss the hell out of him. The disadvantage of having such a dangerously sexy and handsome boyfriend is that your hormones always react when his around. Stupid hormones.

I reached the bottom of the stairs. Justin offered me his hand, still looking at me like I'm the most mesmerizing person he had ever seen to which I blushed, and I took his hand. My eyes shut when he placed a lingering kiss on my lips. I almost protested when he pulled  away too soon for my liking but he gave me a smile which melted my heart and made me forget about everything.

I noticed the dark apartment. Only candles lit a path for us to follow with red flower petals on the path. My heart did a somersault.

He led me to the tall glass window near the balcony. The balcony doors were shut and through the window I could see snow falling and from this height it felt more magical than experiencing snow from down there.

Next to the glass window was a round table covered by a white decorated table cloth, with loose flower petals. There was sweet scented candles, flowers, cutlery and there was a beautifully decorated card on top of the plate.

The setting looked incredible. The dark room only dimly lit by candles created a romantic and intimate atmosphere. I looked up at Justin.

"This is amazing." I voiced out for a lack of better words. This was more than amazing. It was beyond beautiful, mesmerizing.

"I'm glad you like it." He said and pulled out a chair for me to sit.

"I love it, thank you." And I meant it. No one has ever done something like this for me.

"So what's the occasion?" I quizzed curiously. Everything just looked so mesmerizing. I can't believe he had this done in two hours, you would think that perfection takes long to make but he is an exception I guess.

"Do I need a reason to spoil my fiancée?"

I let out a giggle. It is my reaction every time he calls me fiancée. It has been a month since New Year's but I'm still not used to the word. It gives me goosebumps. The best kind of goosebumps.

A young man came and served as champagne and starters. He poured the gold sparkling drink into the flutes with  so much elegance, one would swear that the young man was serving royalty.

The man went away leaving just Justin and I. Justin stared at me and I let go of a shy smile.

"What?" I tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear. In a perfect movie scene the strand of hair would stay behind my ear but no, this isn't the perfect movie scene so it escaped from behind my ear.

"You look gorgeous. Absolutely beautiful." I blushed at his words, saying a silent thank you.

Then we had dinner. We talked all through the evening and let me tell you I learnt something new about Justin every time. Like how he doesn't like to be left alone in his thoughts after a fight. It makes him over think everything, just like I do. It turned out to he a great evening. I laughed so much that I was sure I had gained abs. I blushed and smiled so hard that my cheeks hurt. I was having a good romantic time. It was like getting to know Justin all over again. It was refreshing.

You can never spend too much time with the one you love. Time is endless when you are with him or her. And that is how I felt right now. Hours had passed but it only felt like countless minutes.

Justin moved from across the table to sit next to me. Apparently the long distance was killing him. I chuckled at his words and admitted that I loved him close to me anyway.

"The way I proposed to you the first time needed some work. You deserve much better than that which is why..." he got down on one knee in front of me. I gasped in shock.

"Before you, I never thought I'd be here, down on my knee proposing to you for the second time but with an actual ring this time." He took out a velvet red box and opened it. The most beautiful ring came into sight. It was a gold thin ring with a white diamond, not too big or to small. It was just right. I breath got in my throat as I looked down at Justin.

"I didn't think I'd find the right woman for me. Someone I can't imagine life without. Someone that I see myself building a home with, a family with. I never thought I'd find my partner, my equal but all that changed. One look at the lady in the beautiful gold dress and a mask on her face and all that changed. I was intrigued so intrigued that I was so furious when I didn't see you again. I just knew that I had to get to know you and I loved what I knew my love. I love you so much, my love. Please make me the happiest man for the second time and marry me?"

I nodded eagerly, tears of joy and happiness streaming down my face. "Yes."

Justin slid the ring on my finger. I got on my knees, the dress pooling around me, I put my hands on Justin's face and kissed him like my life depended on it.

*****

Don't forget to vote and comment. Share the story with your friends and follow me if you'd like.

Until next time...

XOXO
Khanya.