-Chapter Fifty Two

The wedding was nothing short of amazing and perfect. Serenity truly outdone herself. Emerald was very much impressed with everything and so was everyone else.

Everyone was requesting Serenity's number and wanted to hire her to plan their events. They were kmpressed that she was able to plan a wedding in such a short period of time while she was a stranger to ghe city. Yes, Serenity was that good.

Serenity was very proud of her work and she had a smile on her face everytime someone asked her for her business card to help plan an event or something. She still wanted to be an actress but she has also discovered something that she loved as much as she did acting.

Besides no one in New York wanted to hire a mixed race actress like her. They said that she would confuse their audience because she had a black woman with brown skin and a huge natural pitch black afro but with clear Chinese features like her facial features.

I say it's their loss. Serenity is an amazing actress and I know one day someone will give her the opportunity and she will shine like the star that she is. I will personally make sure of it but meanwhile she is wanted by popular demand for event planning.

She is even thinking of going back to varsity for event planning. She is the perfect example of when love gives you lemons make some lemonade.

It was now the day after the wedding and Tumi and Emerald were leaving for their honeymoon with baby Blue. Yep, they didn't want to leave him behind. I was also leaving with my whole family back to South Africa. I didn't tell Justin that I'm leaving but I did let him know that I was serious about the divorce after we woke up the next morning.

I think it's a good idea and it will give us the new beginning we need. This to no secrets or hiding our relationship from prying us. All will be as it should be.

I can't wait to get back home. I can't wait to breathe the air which feels so different from the air in New York. We were all in the JFK airport waiting for our flights to be called. Tumi and Emerald already left half an hour ago while the rest of my family was waiting for our flight.

"How did you like the wedding Gogo? I wouldn't be surprised if you missed air since you were hogging baby Blue all the time." I giggled.

"Christopher looks just like my late husband. He has his blue eyes that I love so much. You know I asked God to let me see my husband Christopher one last time before I go and he answered my prayers." She said with a smile on her face.

I gave her a sad smile in return. Gogo's memory was getting worse. We didn't know what she was talking about half the time. Only my two older uncles understood her, while my mother looked confused like she was deep in thought.

"Gogo your husband was Raymond and had hazel eyes like mine." I told her.

"Raymond was my best friend. Your eyes are just like you my mother in law's eyes. She was always the sweetest. She was a doctor, you know?" I frowned it was like she was talking about totally different people. I remember she told me that Grandpa's mother died before she could meet her and that she worked as a domestic worker. So who could she be talking about now?

Before I could question her our flight was called. I helped her to stand and we walked to where we were directed.

• • •

"Does that mean I'm going back to my old room?" Naledi asked as I rolled my luggage bags down the hallway.

"You can have my old room. I will take your old one." I told her and she cheered before she ran into my old room. I shook my head. She peeked her head out of the room again.