-Chapter Forty Three

The next day Justin woke me up at 5.45 in the morning. It felt as if I had just put my head on the pillow, when he woke me up. I was thinking of more than a thousand ways to kill him as I got dressed and freshened myself a bit for the hike.

Although I did hate physical workouts with the exception of yoga from time to time, I particularly liked hiking. At my school they used to take us camping every year to different locations. The one thing we always did was hike. My legs hated it, they would ache for a whole two days but the view I was always met with at the end of the hike was worth it. Then my legs would complain once more because we had to go down the hiking trail again. Fun, right?

I had brushed my teeth and washed the sleep off my face. I put my hair in a messy hair bun, the 'messy' part was purely unintentional, and put on a hairband to keep all my strands off hair away from my face. I wore my light blue Nike leggings and a matching shirt along with a track jersey. I also wore black Nike sneakers and headed downstairs.

I would've worn my Adidas sneakers that actually matched with the outfit but Justin is totally against mixing brands. He could go on the whole day about the wrong in mixing brands if he could and I avoid mixing brands as much as I can around him. I love the man so much but listening to him go on and on about that topic is anything but cute.

"Good morning!" I chirped to the sleepyheads in the room. They grunted out a response and I chuckled. They looked more sleep deprived than I did.

Emerald came down the stairs in her pyjamas. I noticed that Hailey was still in her pyjamas too.

"Aren't you two coming?" I asked them.

"I would've loved to but I need to stay here with baby Blue." Emerald told me and my brother snickered.

"I can stay behind since you'd love to go hiking so much, hey?" Tumi tossed a smirk in her direction and she playfully glared at him.

"No honey, Blue needs his mother so have fun." Emerald kissed Tumi's cheek, took her glass of water and ascended up the stairs.

"She doesn't like hiking, does she?" I asked rhetorically. It was clear as day that she didn't. The people who in the room laughed. I guess everyone knew that.

"Nope." Tumi answered and tossed me a water bottle.

"What about you?" I asked Hailey.

"I have a meeting at six thirty through video call. Time difference and all that crap so enjoy." She answered and I nodded.

The situation kind of felt like high school whereby the coolest people didn't participate in a particular activity while the not so cool ones actually tried to di their best in the activity. Okay not exactly because Tumi although being a nerd was the cool kid at his time, or otherwise known as the bad boy. I also have no doubt in my mind that Justin was one of the bad boys too. So I guess Emerald and Hailey were just being lazy which is understandable especially so early in the morning.

On the bright side I get to have some bonding time with Cara. It was bittersweet being around her again. She has spoken to me more times last night alone, than she has the since the beginning of the year. There was a bit of an unexplainable shift between us but we were working on it, I think. Slowly but surely we would get to that place where we once were. I need my best friend back.

Soon we left the house, by we I mean Tumi, Justin, Cara, Tristan, Crystal, Dominic and I. We started walking in the opposite direction of the hills. So we were walking deeper into the woods.

"Things must be going well, huh?" Cara said gesturing at my ring.

I never took it off since my arrival and although the ring was catchy it stayed hidden from everyone else except Mrs Hudson who gushed everytime she saw it. I thought she would be mad considering his son and I eloped to get married but her actions held nothing less than delight and excitement. Be it for the sole reason of wanting more grandchildren. I'd hate to disappoint but she is going to have to wait for a very long time for that.