-Chapter Twelve

A body shook mine early in the morning. Then the curtains opened. The sun rays entered the bedroom burning my skin.

"Ahh!" I pulled the covers over my head.

"Oh come on Lerato wake up." That voice was definitely not Cara's. I peaked from under the covers.

"Lisa?" I called out groggily. My morning voice was the epitome of scratchy and dry. It sounded like a dying whale or maybe a much more disturbing sound than that.

"In the flesh." She said, pulling on my covers.

"What are you doing here early in the morning?" I asked, sitting up and rubbing my eyes awake.

"Can't I visit my little sister and her best friend who happens to be my colleague?" She crossed her arms and pouted.

"I guess you can." I got up and stretched. I absentmindedly made my way to the bathroom. I did my hygiene routine and came out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my body and hair.

Lisa was laying on my bed busy with her phone. As I walked further into the room she looked up from her phone. She gaped at me and did a couple of wolf whistles. I rolled my eyes at her behavior.

"Damn girl, you sure you not into vaginas?" She looked my body up and down.

"I'm sure. Now get out."

"Oh come on I have what you have." She reasoned and a raised an eyebrow at her.

"Cara tell your perverted sister to get out of my room!" I yelled out.

"Ugh Lisa stop creeping out my friend and get out!" Cara shouted and Lisa left the room muttering how she is older than Cara and Cara should stop sounding like their mom.

I let out a laugh when I heard them arguing. I missed Naledi so much. We would also argue but it was usually because I was explaining something and she thought it was either impossible or crazy.

I smiled as I got out my grey basketball shorts and a matching grey crop top. I braided my hair into dutch braids and shrugged when it didn't come out as perfect as I hoped it would. Its not like I was going anywhere. I exited my bedroom and headed for the kitchen.

"So what are you girls doing today?" Lisa asked and I shrugged grabbing a slice of Lisa's toast with my favourite apricot jam spread on it. I took a bite and took my seat next to her.

"I'm staying in." Cara said and smiled at a bunch of flowers. I didn't notice them there.

"Who are the flowers from, eh?" I wiggled my eyebrows and she blushed.

"Tristan." She said shyly and I squealed. Her and Tristan seemed to be getting closer with every passing day.

"You should've seen her face when she got them. It was like Christmas came early." Lisa cooed and Cara blushed further.

"Oh stop embarrassing Cara," I told her and Cara gave me a grateful look, "she can't help it she's in love!" I sang out. Cara slapped my arm and rolled her eyes playfully. Someone knocked on the door and Cara stood up to go get it.

"Aww looks like Romeo is already missing his Juliet." Lisa cooed as Cara walked to the door.

"Cara and Tristan sitting on a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First came love then came—" Lisa stopped singing.

"What comes after that?" Lisa quipped and I laughed. Lisa joined in my laughter. We were laughing so hard that Lisa fell out of her chair.

"Oh my God!" I laughed, clutching onto my stomach. "Are you okay?" I asked, getting out of my chair and helping her get off the floor.