-Chapter Fifteen

Hey guys.
I noticed the chapters were a bit mixed up and I really don't know how so I had to unpublish the next few chapters and republish them again. I'm sorry for the mix up.

Btw I didn't change anything...

After a long week of rest, thousands of YouTube and Tiktok videos, weird yoga poses, a healthy diet(also known as starvation) and video calls from family members making sure I didn't die in a foreign country, I was ready to go back to my normal life. Well as normal as my life could get...

My recovery couldn't come at a better time since I was on summer break so I only had to focus on work and catching up the work I missed at school.

I looked at myself in the mirror glad to see my face clear of dark circles. My smile was brighter and my eyes twinkled a little, if that makes sense.

I winked at the mirror before grabbing my handbag and exiting my bedroom. "Lisa I'm ready!"

"Coming!"

I went into the kitchen and found a sticky note for me on the counter.

Dear whoever wakes up first(most likely to be Lerato)

Breakfast is in the microwave. Peanut butter and banana toast for you Lerato and bacon and cheese sandwich for you sis. Enjoy ladies.

Love Cara ;)

I sighed. Cara found great joy in making the most unenjoyable 'healthy' foods for me. I think this is my punishment for scaring her shitless so I eat whatever she makes to satisfy her. She was preparing all my meals, too afraid I would put too much salt or sugar in my food. So I should be thankful that she cares for me at least.

I opened my bag and popped a candy in my mouth from one of my hidden stashes which Justin bought for me after much hesitation but finally gave in after the second day of his many visits.

He usually visited in the late evenings on his way home from work. On those evenings we would go to my room away from the Lockhart sisters' suggestive gaze and just talk about everything and anything.

I was immensely amazed at how passionate he was about his work. He spoke of how pleasing and satisfying it was to find someone their perfect home. It was something I'm sure nobody would guess he did but he was probably remarkable and I couldn't wait to see him in action one day.

We have gotten do close this week. Building a stable friendship and getting to know each other. There were awkward moments of tension but we ignored it as best as we could except the lingering looks we sent in each others way when we thought the other wasn't looking.

"Daydreaming about lover boy again?" Lisa quipped. I didn't notice her come into the kitchen or take her plate of delicious goodness I was forbidden to eat.

"I don't daydream." I defended helplessly. That was a lie. Daydreaming about Justin was all I ever did these past few days. I had already planned the most beautiful and elegant wedding, house of my dreams, three beautiful children (a girl and two boys) and a golden retriever as my companion.

Yes I admit I might have been daydreaming too far. I mean I'm scared of dogs but after hearing of Justin's love for dogs I couldn't help but adding a dog to my vision.

"Yeah right." Lisa snickered, halting my daydream. I smiled sheepishly and she chuckled as we walked out of the apartment, took the elevator to the parking floor, and walked to her car.

It was a blue 1969 Ford Mustang. Like Cara, their father bought it for her when she was headed for college. Lisa is a huge sucker for classic cars.