-Chapter Twenty One

"Mmmm... That feels so good." I hummed, shutting my eyes at the magical feeling.

Cara was massaging my hair and Lord she should be a masseuse. She was sitting up with her back against her headboard while I was settled between her legs with my head on her stomach.

"That just sounds wrong." She said as she burst out into fits of laughter. I rolled my eyes and urged her to get back to work.

I closed my eyes and sighed in content as Cara continued her magic on my hair. I missed her so much these past few days.

"So..."

"So?" She looked down on me with a quizzical look on her face.

"You and Tristan are pretty serious, huh?" I wriggled my eyebrows. A light blush tinted her cheeks.

"Yeah I guess so." She murmured with a shy smile. Young love.

"Tristan asked me to move in with him." My eyes widened.

"Uh–wow that is fast.  A little too fast, don't you think?" Concern overtook my voice.

"Babe," she started, "I love him and he loves me. Our love doesn't have a time frame. Everything just happens. I don't want to wait anymore. I'm putting my all into this man. I trust him with my heart." Aww how sweet!

"So I'm guessing you're moving in with him."

"Yes I am." She answered. "I'm sorry babe, I know we planned on being just us girls till we graduated, then I added Lisa into our plans now I'm moving. I'm sorry."

I smiled up at her and sat up. "It's okay, there's nothing to be sorry for. For the most part I love having Lisa here. She is a breath of new energy. And I'm good with you staying anywhere as long as you are happy and don't abandon our friendship, yeah?" I held out my pinky finger, just like I did with Serenity the day before I left my home country.

She pinky promised on it and pulled me in for a hug. It was bitter sweet. It was the end of the summer season. Fall was peeking into New York and I had three friends moving away from me in a span of eight months. First Serenity then Wayne and now Cara. Whose next, Lisa?

"Babe don't cry I'm not moving to the Sahara Desert. I'll be thirty minutes away if you need me. We will still see each other at varsity since we have the same daily schedule. We can still have sleepovers and girls night outs." She tried comforting my emotional self.

It felt painful having someone leave me even if it was just thirty minutes away. Things wouldn't be the same. I wouldn't wake up to the smell of some delicious experiment she tried or swap our traditional recipes. We wouldn't argue about what movie to watch because she wouldn't be here.

I'm probably being a big baby but change hurts. It hurts so bad. I sobbed.

"You have me, Lisa, your brother, your soon to be sister-in-law, Wayne, Serenity and the cherry on top is lover boy as Lisa likes to call him." I chuckled through my tears.

"I love you Cara."

"I love you too Lerato." Tears welled up in my eyes once more as I embraced her.

Too caught up in our feelings to notice the door opening.

"I told you, you should be worried your girlfriend is gay. She has all the signs." Lisa's voice broke into the room. My eyes peeled open. My partner standing by the door with concern written on his handsome face.

I untangled myself from Cara and went to Justin giving him a much needed hug. He pulled me out of the room. I blew Lisa and Cara kisses before Justin closed the door.