-Chapter Thirty Six

"He is so cute." I gushed cradling the newborn baby in my arms. He is perfection at it's finest and he is my nephew.

"He is." Justin said from behind looking at the baby.

We were in Emerald's hospital room. She was fast asleep after a gruesome eight hours of labour. She deserved the rest after she delivered this beautiful baby boy. Tumi was by her side, looking at Emerald with so much adoration and administration. Tumi kept on checking to see if his baby boy was okay and he smiled each time he saw his baby's small form. It was love at first sight.

I see now why woman get pregnant while knowing the unbearable pain they would experience when the baby is born. I heard Emerald screaming her lungs out but after she held her baby its like the pain vanished as she looked at her adorable baby and kissed her fiancée. The moment was magical.

I finally tore myself away from the sleeping baby. I put him in the hospital crib which was situated next to Emerald's bed. With one last smile to my nephew I turned to my brother.

"Hey New Dad, is there anything we can get you before we head out?" I asked Tumi.

"No thanks. Thank you for being here, it means a lot." He said. He stood up and gave me a hug, which I returned.

"Of course, I couldn't miss my nephew's arrival." I said and he chuckled. We pulled away.

"Emerald did good. Your baby is perfect." I said and he nodded, looking at his son.

"I'll be back tomorrow. Can I get you anything? Clothing?" I asked.

"No, I have some extra clothing in my locker so I'll be okay." He told me and I nodded.

"Thank you for bringing my sister here, Justin." Tumi said and Justin shrugged him off.

"No need to thank me, it was no problem." And he was right because after Tumi called to say his fiancée was in labour at midnight, I not so gently woke Justin up in a rush and had him drive to the hospital. Tumi was surprised to see us arrive together but with everything going on Tumi didn't have time to ponder about us.

Justin took my hand and we walked out of the hospital room. It was subconscious and of course I responded to his touch by leaning into him. I wasn't aware of Tumi looking at us in confusion at our actions.

Of course, Tumi put two and two together but now wasn't the time to think about how he would love to crush Justin's skull. He brought his attention back to his son and fiancée.

We arrived at home in the early morning. It was seven in the morning but we were sleep deprived so we climbed into bed and wrapped ourselves into each other. My head was on Justin's chest listening to the rhythmic beat of his heart. His fingers played with my hair and he occasionally kissed my hair bring a smile onto my face. It was silent but I felt like our actions spoke volumes. Through our caresses we let each other know that we were here for each other.

I have come to notice that Justin and I communicate better with actions that we do with words. Yes, we say I love you to each other but at times words aren't necessary. Like now for instance. Our bond and connection runs deeper than those three words, maybe even the universe. Everything just feels so real. Not everything is perfect because we are both imperfect humans, and we do have fights but they hardly last long, because we can't stay mad at each other for long.

All my life I thought I wanted the perfect love, smooth sailing, no humps or bumps but I've come to realise that that kind of love is not real. Justin made me realise that I prefer real love than perfect love bit only if its with him, because he is my one true love, my fiancée, my partner, my world, my universe, my future, my forever, and I can't imagine life without him, as cliché as that sounds.