-Chapter Sixty Six

"Are you sure you want to go?" Mamma asked as she walked me to the door.

"Yes, I'm fine. I just really need to see her." I explained as I stood by the door.

"I understand Lerato but can't she come here. It's not safe for you to go alone in your condition."

I put my hand on her shoulder. "Mamma I'll be fine. I'm not due yet. I have a month to go."

"Okay, call me when you get there and when you leave too." I nodded my head in response.

"I love you." She said and I kissed her cheek.

"I love you too Mamma." I said and went to get on the Uber that was waiting for me by the gate.

• • •

I stood outside Cara's door. I was really nervous wiping off the sweat on my palms.

I raised my knuckles to knock on the door but before I could do that the door opened.

"Oh hey Lerato." Tristan greeted me.

"Hi, is Cara around?" I asked. He looked at me with a surprised look.

"Yeah she is. Head on inside, I'm sure she'll be happy to see you."

"Thank you, have a good day." I said.

"You too." With that I entered the penthouse. It was all glamorous as I remembered it. Cara planned on making changes when we were still close but it seems that the place might have grown on her.

"Cara?" I called out. As soon I called out steps came towards my direction.

"Did you forget someth—oh." Cara's eyes grew wide in shock and she stopped in her steps. She blinked a few times and let her eyes travel all over my form taking me in.

"Hi." I greeted after a long stretch of awkward silence.

"You're–wow." She stuttered looking at my huge belly. I chuckled at her shock.

"Yeah I am."

She shook her head and got out of her trance. "What are you doing here?" She asked her whole mood changing. I expected it.

"I'm here to see you. We need to talk." I replied. Her mouth opened to reject my offer but she snapped it shut and nodded.

She led the way to her dining area and we sat down on the couch. I took my time to study her. She looked no different from the last time I saw her except for the dim in her eyes but that could be because she doesn't want to see me.

"How have you been?" I asked awkwardly twiddling my fingers. She raised her eyebrow at me and when she saw that I was serious she shook her head and sighed.

"I've been good and yourself?"

"Same." I answered. There was another moment of silence before I decided to get straight to the point.

"I miss you." I muttered quietly.

"What?" She asked surprised.

"I miss you," I said once again, "I miss us, you know? The best friends we used to be. I don't understand why all that had to end but I don't care. I want my best friend back. My children need their Godmother."