-Chapter Forty Five

What was I thinking?

Did I really think I would just go away so easily? Did I think that someone up there would have mercy on me for the pain I'm enduring and maybe they wouldn't add on to the pain...

Oh how wrong I was to think so. So so wrong. Wayne had just texted me and said he was five minutes away. I texted him back, telling him that the front door is open and he should come in while I grabbed the last of my luggage.

I had a total of three luggage bags which is insane seeing as I was going to stay here for only five days. That was before I decided to cut it shot. But the thing is we came here straight from the airport because we were already late as it is and driving to the house and back here would be exhausting, especially after a flight.

So I rolled my three luggage bags out of my room and looked around the room for something I might have forgotten. Satisfied I sighed and closed the door. I took one luggage bag at a time down the stairs. When I took the last luggage bag down the stairs the front door opened.

Thinking it was Wayne I shouted, "Wayne I need your help in here!"

Of course it would be just my luck that Justin was the one to appear in the room. I swear someone was legit playing a joke on me.

It is not enough that I had to painfully watch my husband putting his lips on my friend's lips or that I had to watch them get naked while my heart screamed for Justin to stop. To remain loyal to me and our marriage. To love and respect me enough to stop what he was doing. But the longer I stood there, the longer I came to understand that it was a lot to ask from a man. Any man for the matter.

I should have known that I should give up on love. Who wouldn't after they have been cheated on twice? Then the last ex decides to leave you for someone else. It didn't matter that I didn't really love them like I love Justin. It still hurt. It hurt my pride and put a scratch on my confidence. But I thought it was all high school. My mom told me there is no perfect man in the world but when I grow up the men will be better than the boys from high school. How wrong she was. I could've delt with a man who left their clothing on the floor or a man who snores at night, but what I can't deal with is a dishonest, disloyal, lying bastard. That's not what I signed up for when we got married at City Hall. That's not what he promised me when he said his vows. This was never part of the plan.

Justin looked at my luggage bags and looked back into my eyes. I looked away from him and noticed the rest of the family standing by the door also confused to see my bags. I could still feel Justin's gaze begging me to look at him but I couldn't. It hurt to look at him. It broke my heart that he could pretend everything was okay so easily. It messed up my mind that he could still look straight into my eyes acting all in love while he had his fingers up Hailey's nightie.

It hurts to know that he could lie so easily because if I hadn't seen what I've seen with my own two eyes I would have never suspected anything. Like the blinded by love fool I am. He could've lied before and I wouldn't even know because I trusted him so much it hurt.

My phone vibrated in my hand as Justin opened his mouth to speak.

I'm here. The text from Wayne said. Too late Wayne, just a minute late. Not wanting to cause a scene in front of everyone, I grabbed my luggage bags and said, "I have to go but I'll see you at home."

"You were going to go without telling me?" He asked his voice laced with hurt. Although my mind wasn't feeling sorry for him at all, my heart broke even more because I could not stand to hear him hurt.

"Look Justin, I have to go my ride is  waiting for me. We'll talk at home." I said and walked past him.

"Why are you running?" I stopped in my tracks and closed my eyes. I could already feel the tears brimming from my eyes but I refused to let them fall. I couldn't let the man who broke me see my tears. I had to be strong for the last bit of dignity I had left.