🕷(41) Unwilling Alliance

Brooklyn POV-

"Though I'd love to see Bruce Wayne suffer any day, would likely give my entire fortune just to see him have to walk naked all along Times Square, I urge you to think of yourself today" Her dad said just as Brook descended down the last step of th...

"Though I'd love to see Bruce Wayne suffer any day, would likely give my entire fortune just to see him have to walk naked all along Times Square, I urge you to think of yourself today" Her dad said just as Brook descended down the last step of the building.

The Stark put the phone closer to her ear as she adjusted the sleeves of her grey sweater one handed, a skill she was glad to posses at a moment like this.

Now out in the grass filled space before her apartment, it was really hitting Brooklyn that she was about to spend an entire day with a Wayne. It almost made her want to turn back around inside, but the promise of further punishment is what actually willed her feet forward.

"I'm not going to kill him despite what you all think. I know I messed up, but that doesn't make this punishment any less idiotic" Brook said, "Seriously, how did the Stark-Wayne brains manage to put that plan together without killing one another?"

Her dad laughed on the other end of the line, and Brooklyn could've sworn she heard the other Avengers laughing distantly in the room.

"You better not make me go back in a room with him again, that was torture" Tony replied, just as she made it to the main gate, where Damian was already waiting with arms crossed....and Peter and Harry standing before him....talking.

"Gotta go dad" Brook said absentmindedly, staring at the scene in an emotion she could only pinpoint as absolute horror, "I'll call you when I'm done, love you guys"

The other end of the line was filled with good lucks and cheers from the Avengers, plus a warning from Pepper to behave, but Brook's focus had mainly been on her friends, who seemed unharmed for now.

Then, Pepper, Tony and Nat yelled in Russian farewell, "Udachi!"

Brooklyn WOULD need good luck, especially if Damian Wayne had done anything to her friends. The assassin hung up the phone and speed walked over to the open gate as fast as she could.

Pete was the first one to spot her, so he was the first to walk away and meet her halfway with an embrace. Brooklyn was now used to affection and physical touch, she didn't often shy from it if it was from individuals she trusted, but this hug definitely caught her off guard.

Looking up at her sweet friend, Brook asked, "What was that about?"

Peter smiled, "Its for good luck. I know today will be difficult for you, so I thought a hug might help"

If only the world was filled with people like Peter Parker, then it might truly be a great place to live in after all...

Hesitantly, Brooklyn rested her head on his shoulder, breathing in his comforting smell that now clung to the jacket she'd given him long ago. He wore it every day, and now it smelled like a Bunsen burner, something sweet like vanilla, and his body wash.