🕷(47) Lab Time with Dad

Brooklyn POV-

"You know, I used to keep a lot of secrets from my old man. Mostly hook ups I brought home for the night as a teen, but this is different. I feel like this is where I pull out the adult card and demand to know it all" Tony said from his side of the work table.

Brooklyn looked up from her own work, setting down the work tool in hand while shooting her dad a raised brow.

"Before you ask, no I don't have secret hook ups. Though everyone at school apparently expects I do. Harry says they think I'm bathing in designer handbags, taking a different guy to my bed every day" Brook said with a tired sigh, "They also think I love attention, those idiots..."

Her dad paused his own work, pushing the holograms out of his line of vision so Brook could see the smile on his face, brown eyes so much like her own shining brightly with their own kind of happiness that seemed to be growing every time she saw him.

"I guess you have me and my dad to thank for that reputation that comes with being a Stark. You may bot like the attention but you can't avoid it forever kid. Pep has been doing her best to keep the media at bay, but soon enough I think you will have to fall prey to it like the rest of us have. You have no idea how many requests for TV interviews, magazine covers, and modeling jobs you've gotten. I think its more coverage worldwide than I got when I was starting out" Tony said, but he did not seem happy about that either.

Her dad knew how much Brook despised the media, that she hated being seen. The fact that he and mom had been pushing all that stuff back for so long just to give Brook the space to try and adjust to this new life...maybe they did not know it, but it meant the world to her.

Still, Tony was right, there would come a time when she'd have to get social media, fulfill the public responsibilities of being a Stark, for the future of the company. If it made her parent's lives easier, of course Brooklyn would sit through interviews and such, but her main fear was that someone would eventually find something on her past and that it would ruin everything.

But if she said nothing...then a worst outcome could arise.

"Mom already works too hard, I'll slowly start integrating myself into that celebrity life next week then. But I might need some pointers on what to do, the Red Room taught me much, but not how to pose for magazines or speak in public" she said, already dreading the new step of her life change.

The times Brooklyn had seen Tony on TV, he seemed so in his element, garnering the attention and praise of everyone with just a simple smile or witty comment. Living up to him was hard work, and her dad certainly seemed to see that.