🕷(92) Peter's Emotions

Brooklyn POV-

Some part of Brooklyn was wondering how yesterday had gone by without such at hitch. 

Sure, they barely came out with any valuable leads, and before coming to the compound, the team had checked all the other tunnels connected to the club, only to find they led up to alleys or parking lots with no cameras. 

Perfect ways to escape.

Now at the compound, Brook had just finished ballet practice with her sestras  and after letting Nat into a hint that Ivan may be in the country, the three had gotten busy pilling laptops and devices to try and find the Red Room or Ivan. 

As always, they'd had very unsuccessful results so far.

She almost felt like combusting into flames by how frustrated she was, and apparently she looked like it too, because Nat handed her some cold water and said, "Careful kid, if you start spotting flames and burn Steve's artwork on the walls, he'll bring out his puppy dog eyes and we'll all feel guilty for days"

Considering Natasha was not one to usually sugarcoat things, that was an outright nice way of saying control your emotions before you burn something.

"Natasha's clear weakness when it comes to the Captain aside, I'm not saying you should use the fire, but will you ever show anyone what it looks like? You haven't shown any of us since you returned from the mutant school" Yelena said, proceeding by punching her keyboard when her tracing program failed.

That was true, Steve had tried to get Brook to try using her fire this morning during training when she arrived. Brooklyn had outright refused to, not just because she felt slightly mentally unstable with all the Ivan and Damian kissing stuff that was going on, but because she'd NEVER use those powers again.

When Damian had asked her to see them yesterday, she didn't know why, but it felt like being in a secure bunker where she would not explode. The fear of hurting Damian and even Titus was still there...but it had been quelled by the absolute sureness in which he still did not move away from her no matter what.

It was her best friend who had seen her abilities, likely the last one to ever witness them too.

"Unknown space magic is not something I want to tamper with, Yelena" Brooklyn said, staring down at her vibranium bracelets from Shuri that were actually doing a great job always cooling her body, in fact, she was almost getting used to them, "Until it can be removed, I won't activate it anymore"

Nat frowned, "Perhaps one day you'll need to"

Brooklyn stared at the sestra seated before her on the floor. Perhaps Natasha had been around so many aliens, super-humans, and such to be open to the idea that this fire was just another weapon in Brook's arsenal.

Sure, Wanda had learned t control her own strange magic, but how many had suffered and gotten hurt or killed before she did? It was no judgment on Wanda of course, the woman may be distant but she WAS trying to help.

In fact, though Wanda often texted Brooklyn advice to keep powers at bay, she'd kept her distance from the Stark. Since her arrival yesterday, it was painfully obvious how Wanda had fought to keep her distance.

Unlike the sometimes weary Avengers, Wanda's fear was not of Brooklyn's fire...but of the memories her brain held. Professor Xavier had managed to not show any signs of being bothered by them, but it seemed Wanda was not quite ok with them yet.