🕷(50) Stitching Wounds

Brooklyn POV-

Once the guys were nothing but specks in the night, Brook reached into the com on her ear and thanked the person on the other side for all the help. Then, both teens got their hidden bags from behind a few trashcans and changed into civilian clothes quickly against the cold night wind. Good thing one of their escape plans had thought of that need for clothes.

When Damian's hood was up and her own red-coat's hood was in place, they slowly made their way to her home.

The walk didn't include much talking, but once they made it to her door and FRIDAY turned on the lights, it was like the severity of her decisions suddenly came to life again.

She'd willingly let the demon into her own home...

Still, Brook tried to be casual while placing her small bag by the door, taking off her shoes and with a single hand motion, urged her nemesis to do the same. Though this was by far the most awkward moment of her existence, Brooklyn still went over to the kitchen and heated up some pasta for the two of them as Damian texted the lie to his family.

Both of them had ashes all over their faces, even when they both had clean clothes on, it felt wrong to wear them when they were so tired and well... looked like the dead. So once the meal was over and they could no longer use it as an excuse not to say a thing, Brooklyn guided Damian to the guest room, a twin to her own in structure but with no personal touches. Both bedrooms were next to one another, but thankfully both had their own bathroom.

Damian stared out the window, looking at the city beyond as Brooklyn brought some extra blankets.

"I'll leave some toiletries for you so you can shower. I know Peter and Aunt May are still awake watching the Batchelor at this time, so I'll see if he can lend me something for you to sleep in. Otherwise I have a great pair of pink PJs that will look lovely on you" Brook said, already dreading how she would phrase that to her neighbors in a way that did not involve explaining having a Wayne in her apartment.

Damian still had enough sense to be himself, because he practically threatened her with death if she told anyone he was with her, or gave him anything indecent. Brooklyn just told him to stay put while she showered and went out for a minute.

The water was heavenly to her sore muscles, and getting the day's exhaustion off her shoulders was probably the best reward in the world. But there was something about knowing Damian was literally on the other side of the bathroom wall that made her hurry through her routine.

Usually, she'd done a tank top most nights, but since she had company that would no doubt see the scars on her back, Brooklyn huffed and went over to her closet for something warmer.

After quickly changing into a green sweater and some silk pants, Brooklyn finally went out the door, pleased to see Damian was still in the guest room, on the phone talking to someone about staying with Jon for the night.

Taking that as her cue to leave, she went two doors down where Aunt May opened the door with a bowl of popcorn in hand.

"Oh! Sweetheart how are you!" May asked, quickly leaving the bowl behind to embrace Brooklyn in a way that she could now replicate with ease.

"I don't want to be too much of a bother, but I was wondering...well, this is gonna sound weird...can I talk to Peter?"

Aunt May went silent, fixing her glasses in place as she said, "Sorry Brook...he's spending the night at Ned's... building some lego thing. He'll come back late tonight"