Magical (Niam AU)

I don't know how to start this. My name? Liam James Payne. Where I am? Geez, stalker thoughts much? But, England. At a certian school called M.Y.T.H. (Mythical Youngsters, Talented Hearth) for, well, mythical creatures.

Let me get you caught up. The school is for people who aren't supposed to be. I myself, am I wizard and not one like Harry Potter. Casting spells takes a toll on my energy and I don't have a wand. The school consist of 5 main groups, called Powers. The Undead (Vampires, ghosts), Magic (Witches, Wizards, Warlocks ((There is a difference) Necromancers), Shifters (Shapeshifters, were-animals), Woodlands (Faes, Elves) and Waters (Merfolk, water nymphs).

The groups tended to stay away from each other, or they were fighting with one and other. This, this was the year they tried to change it.

-_---------------_---------_-

The school had called for one of their 'Emergency meetings' calling everything from their current classes and to the gym. We all took normal school during the mornings, but in the afternoon, we split. The Waters moved down to the lake, the Woodlands into the Dark Woods, the Shifters under the school (Expect on Full Moons, when all classes where canceled and the were-animals were chained downstairs) The Undeads to the right of the school, and us Magics to the left.

I looked over to my only friend, May-Eve, as she chatted away. She was a necromancer, and looked like one (Pale skin, dark brown hair, curly, with blue eyes) but acted like a fae. She was beyond nice and cheerful, but a very mischievous person. "So, then Lily-Ann replied with that she had a date that night- Which she totally didn't!- and skipped off to the library! Can you believe it? She ditched me for the bloody library!"

"You can get a bit on the annoying side, May" I smiled at her, well she huffed.

"She still shouldn't have ditched me like that. That Banshee" She swore.

We arrived at the giant gym, and took our seats in the middle. Everything in this school was divided. Everything. And the Magics were in the middle of it all.

Our headmaster, Prof. Higgins, was in the middle of the stage. "Students, students, settle please!" No one knew what Higgins could really do, but most assumed he was a shapeshifter, since he looked human. That, or a Magic.

The gym settled, and he began talking again. "As it has come to my attention, this school is divided."

"No shit Sherlock!" someone called out from over in the Undead side.

A few laughs came from around the same area, and I rolled my eyes at their immaturity. "Malik, do you wish to have a detention on the first week of school?" Higgins called back, before continuing. "Now, as I was saying, we are divided. We need to unite, as one. You may all possess different talents, but you really are all one in the same. The teachers and myself have decided we've had enough of these troubles. We are putting you into groups of 6. You may have someone from the same Power in your group, you may not. You may not even get someone from a certain Power! You will all receive a list with 5 other names and a place and time you will meet. Fail to meet there and you will be punished."

The was a loud groan from everyone, I included. Normally, I didn't care for these things, but being put into a group with 5 random strangers!?! There's a reason I'm shy!

"No if's, and's or but's!" He called back, "Now, back to class with you all!"

-_---------------------_---------------------_-

The next day, Higgins was true to his word. Floating silently in my dorm (More like a studio, with a very small kitchenette, a single bed, two doors- one leading into the hall, and the other into a small bath and a work table filled with photos of May-Eve and myself, and my family) was a envelope. With a snap of my fingers, it flew towards me. I used magic a lot, but only simple spells. The powerful stuff takes way to much out of me, and I could seriously harm myself.