Chapter 21: 34 Cousins (Niall's POV)

Filler chapter, rather boring. Not much, but I did have it ready to be updated, like, 2 days ago, but I was wondering if I should add more or what. I decided not to. The next 2 chapters should also be fillers. Then shit goes down. Get your tissue boxes. Also, dedicated to BeccaNialler since her story Better Than This was AMAZING! Go and read it if you haven't! 

Lucy xox 

------------------------------

-Niall’s POV-

                The weeks seemed to fly by when, soon enough, it was the week before Halloween (also a couple weeks until my heat wore off. Heat for merman usually lasted 2-3 months, its torture!), and to say May was freaking out, was an understatement.

                “I mean, I love Halloween! Everything has to be perfect, and I’ve heard rumors- from Lee, so I’d bet they’re real- that the school is holding a costume ball, too.” She said one day during lunch. May had her lunch pushed off to the side, completely untouched, and her sketchpad in front of her. Zayn’s arm was draped over her chair, and he looked down at the drawing.

                “The head’s slightly out of portion, Princess.” He advised and May gasped, turning quickly to kiss him cheek.

                “You’re a genius, Charming!” She said, grinning before getting up and dashing over to another table, and pulling Lee away.

                The five of us looked at her oddly, before Louis finally spoke. “At least I’m not that bad.”

                We laughed lightly at that, and I moved to start talking to Harry about the football game last night. A few weeks ago, we found out that we had the same love for footie; after we both came down one morning, grumbling and just mad. Our team had lost another game.

                “You got the game last night, yeah?” I asked, picking a bit of fish.

                Harry nodded. “Yeah, well… The main bit of it. Missed the ending…” His eyes traveled over to Louis slightly, and a faint blush crossed his cheeks.

                I raised an eyebrow. “Have you guys mated yet?”

                He shook his head. “Nah, but I’m willing to wait forever, it’s that’s how long it’ll take.” Harry’s eyes slowly moved back to Louis, who was talking to Liam about something happily and a small smile formed over his lips. “Besides, wouldn’t you be able to tell that we’ve mated? Since you guys go into heat, usually when you find your mates, or are near them?”

                I shrugged. “Not always, but, yeah, I’d probably notice something suspicious.”

                Harry blushed lightly, “So, we won right?”

                I frowned and shook my head. “Nah. Other team tied us up in the last seconds, went into overtime, and they scored.”

                Harry swore. “Damn it.”

                “Exactly what I was yelling.” I laughed slightly.

                Just as Zayn was about to say something, May plopped back down beside him, with a mischievous glint in her eyes. “I’m a genius, I’m dating a genius.”

                Zayn laughed. “Thanks Princess.”

                “So, what’re the rest of you going as?” Even if there wasn’t a costume ball, every year, all of the students dressed up and went to their classes. Halloween was one of the most celebrated holidays at M.Y.T.H., not that it’s much of a surprise.