Chapter 23: A Dinner With a Threat (Liam's POV)

Hi guys! Look, it's an actual chapter! Yay! Dedicated to.... Livingfortheparty becuase their story A Merman in the Water is asdfghjkl; Anyways, please enter the conest (details in the last chapter) and here's this chappy! 

xox

Lucy 

-Liam’s POV-

                When everyone else was hanging out at the Halloween ball, Niall and I were having a movie date in his room, watching a bunch of non-scary scary movies. It was fun, and even though neither of us was scared, Niall cuddled up into me, and maybe jumped a couple times. I think he was skittish, since he was joking throughout each movie.

                And maybe I fell asleep there.

                “Shit… Shit… Yeah, I know!” I woke up, hearing Niall’s panicking voice.

                “Look, your dad only granted me legs for a while. So we need to hurry up and get Liam out of here. Unless…” A familiar female voice asked.

                “No, no… I couldn’t. The dinner’s basically all politics.” I heard Niall replied, stressed, as I opened my eyes.

                Beside Niall, (who was shirtless, may I add. I could definitely get used to that sight… Mmm) was a very beautiful young woman. She had long brown hair, falling in soft waves. Her face was very long, and her brown eyes intelligent. The girl was wearing a flowwy blue dress, with the top bit ruffled, looking like rippled water. That’s when it hit me to who it was.

                “Cleo?” I asked, the shock of see her with legs shaking off the sleepiness.

                She turned, her dress flowing out, and smiled. “Oh, morning Liam.” Cleo said.

                I groaned slightly, moving my head back into the pillow. I didn’t really like mornings that much. Not when the bed was this comfy and smelt like Niall. “Ugggghh.” I groaned into the pillow as someone jumped onto the bed.

                “Come on, up you get.” Niall’s voice said, shaking me. “We’ve gotta get you up on land before-“ He cut himself off.

                “Before what?” I asked, slightly suspicious.

                “Um…” Niall started before Cleo cut him off, looking at something on his desk.

                “It’s the royal banquet. It’s the event of all events. All of the royal relatives come, and talk about random things.” She said, almost bored, like she had said it- or heard it- millions of millions of times before.

                “The royal banquet?” I asked, interested. “Why are you kicking me out then? I wanna see this!” I grinned at him.

                “Well…” Then my face fell. Right. He probably didn’t want me there, since I was human and all that. Stupid me. “No, no! Nothing bad!” Niall said quickly, obviously seeing my face. “It’s just… My cousins are pretty crazy, so are my aunts, and I just don’t want you to be overwhelmed or anything.”

                “How bad can it be?”

-----------------

                I regret asking that question. It’s that bad. I mean, I wasn’t going to back out or anything. But, holy crap, I gotta give it to Niall for going through with this so many times a year. I think he said it was something like 4-6 times a year.