Chapter 24: I Love You (Part 1) (Niall's POV)

OK. I have been meaning to show you guys this AMAZING photo (on the side!) that @fornarniam drew awhile back. It's Cleodora, and I love it! And I'm hoping it'll work, too!

Lucy xox

P.S. Get some tissue boxes, guys. 

-Niall’s POV-

                After dinner, I could sense something was off with Liam. It had started right after Essie had talked to him, but I was sure it wasn’t her fault. Essie was the sweetest person ever. She couldn’t hurt a fly. “Liam?” I asked, after we had reached the surface and he had taken the necklace off and given it back to me. “Is something wrong?”

                “No, why do you say?” he shot back quickly.

                I raised an eyebrow at him. “You sure? You seem off…”

                Liam took a deep breath, and I could see tears coming to his eyes. Before I could comfort him, though, he opened his mouth and said something I never wanted to hear. “We should break up.” He said softly.

                “Why?” I wanted to scream, or shout, or cry or do something, but I couldn’t. I… I just needed to know why.

                “I… I can’t tell you.” Liam said his voice breaking and a single tear falling down his cheek. 

                “Yes, you can!” I said, my anger finally coming through. “You just won’t!”

                Liam shook his head, more tears falling. “I can’t. They’ll tell you lies if I tell you. I…”

                “You what, Liam!?” I screamed, not being able to help it.

                “I love you.” He whispered softly, leaving me alone in the water, frozen with shock. 

----------------------

                It took Essie only half an hour to fine me and bring me back to the comfort of my own room. Not my dorm, but my room in the castle. Which was weird, because she knew I hated it there, but it wasn’t bothering me. I was too hung up on Liam… Liam. He loves me.

                But why did he break up with me?

                “It’s gonna be okay sweetie…” Essie said, stroking my hair as we laid on the bed.

                “I… I miss him….” I said softly, not being able to help it. Then I hear something outside of the room. It was a loud bang along with some curses and the sound of someone being chased.

                “NIALL!” A familiar voice called. Cleo. Despite how much I missed Liam and all of that, I smiled slightly at the sound of her voice.

                “In my room, Cleo.” I called back, and then added to the guards. “Let her in.”

                “I have to tell you something of the upmost importance- You.” She ended venomously, glaring at Essie.

                “Me?” Essie asked, confused and innocent.

                “You little fucking bitch.” Cleo hissed, and I gasped at her.