Chapter 27: Magic (Liam's POV)

• Dedicated to To every single one of you

Here it is guys. The last chapter. Wow. Ok. I finished my first ever book. Thank you guys, so so much for supporting me and making sure I kept updating and just for inspiring me to keep this going. This chapter- this book- is dedicated to every person who fanned, commented, voted, and/or read this. Thanks so much again guys! 

Lucy xox

P.S. I wrote the smut, so no one won the contest. It's not that it wasn't good, it just didn't work into the story. 

-Liam’s POV-

                The annoying thing about the challenge was this; once you got all the flags, they (the flags) alerted the teachers, then you were forced to wait until 4, when they would come and get us students. This was so then we didn’t know who placed what until at dinner.

                Even at dinner, our entire group was tense. May was sitting with her group, so it was just the five of us guys sitting there, waiting for dinner to be over. The teachers seemed to be taking their time, but, finally, Ms. Rose stepped up with a small smile on her face.

                “Now, before I announce the group that won, I’m sure you’d all like to hear what they’re winning.” She paused for a moment to look around, and then continued on. “The group will win…. Another week off of classes, to do whatever they please.”

                The five of us looked around at each other with wide eyes, and I knew other groups were doing the same. Another week off? That would’ve been brilliant, especially with both the talent show and exams coming up.

                “So, without further ado.” Ms. Rose smiled slightly, pausing dramatically as the rest of us sat on the edge of the seats. “The winning team is…. Cabin… 1D!” The five of us jumped up in cheer, high fiving each other in content, before Ms. Rose shushed us to continue on.  “Settle down, settle down.” She said, “Good job to all five of you, and the rest of section 1. But moving onto other announcements, about us leaving tomorrow…”

                I looked over at Niall, who was grinning happily at me and he grabbed my hand under the table, intertwining our fingers. “We did good, yeah?” He whispered softly to me.

                I nodded. “Yeah.” I pressed a quick kiss on the top of his head. “Love you.” I muttered back.

                “Love you more.” His grin grew and I let him have it. But I didn’t think he could possibly love me more than I loved him. He was… Niall wasn’t perfect, that’s for sure. But it’s why we love people, for their little imperfections and quirks. And I loved everything about that boy, merman, Niall. Whatever you wanted to call him, I loved Niall. He was mine, and I was his.

------------------------------------

                The next four weeks before the talent show were busy. May, refusing to be part of the singing, had made up an entire slide show of photos she had taken, and things she and Zayn had drew. Something about it being ‘the most amazing thing ever and no one is allowed to lay eyes on it until the day of so, Niall get your nose out of there!’ before rushing off to hole up in her room, with her laptop and countless cups of coffee.

                The five of us guys had spent the entire week we got off working on a song, and even afterwards, we were still making little changes. But it was good. A week before the performance, we had to hand in the sheet work for the song, along with our group name (‘One Direction’. Harry had come up with it, claiming we could be called 1D for short, our cabin number).