Chapter 20: Draw Away the Pain (May's POV)

I don't really know why I chose this title for the chapter, but I kind of like it. On the side is the photo that May drew on the wall in the art room, I personally love it. Dedicated to Hahfunny 'cause if you haven't read one of her, like, 25 fanfictions, you're missing out. I love her story Forever & Always! It's Larry and amazing and gah. Ok, this chapter should be long! It was 7 pages on word. Also, it really shouldn't have taken this long, since when I posted 19, I only had to write like, two more lines, but I'm just really lazy and this author's note is getting really long so onto the chapter! 

Lucy xox 

-----------------------------

-May’s POV-

                I heard talking outside of my door, muffled enough that I couldn’t make out the words, but I knew the voices. Niall and Liam. And, by the sounds, they were fighting. I mean, I heard screaming, and then quiet, and then more screaming.

                After a few moments, Liam came in tears bright in his eyes. “LiLi, what’s wrong?” I asked, running over to him, hugging him tightly as he cried onto me.

                “N-N-N-Niall…” He cried, tears seeping through my shirt. “H-He c-called you a-a-a b-bitch, a-and I told h-him n-not to, a-a-and h-he g-got mad a-and l-left!”

                My heart broke and, for once this day, it wasn’t about Zayn. Well… In a way, it was. My fight with Zayn had caused problems for Niall and Liam, and I felt like a horrible friend. Honestly? Niall was right to call me a bitch. I just put holes into the relationship. God, I was such an awful friend. “Sh… LiLi, everything will be fine. Everything is going to be just fine sweetie. I promise…” I mumbled, kissing the top of his head. How could I’ve done this? God, I’d hate myself forever if they broke up because of me.

                “I-I-I-It won’t be fine!” Liam cried, holding onto me tighter. I had managed to get us onto the couch, so I didn’t have all of his weight on me, but Liam still had a strong grip. “N-N-Niall hates me!”

                Whoa. Déjà vu, much? It was like when he kissed Niall, and thought that Niall was going to laugh at him, and leave him and never want to see him again, much less be friends. “Shhh… Remember the last time you said that?” He only cried harder. Crap. “Everything turned out fine, remember? You had a great time today, yeah?”

                He nodded slowly. “Y-Yeah…”

                Liam, unlike me, tended to be a lot more open with his emotions. I didn’t like people seeing I was hurt. Everyone though Necromancers were thoughtless, heartless people, who only raised the dead to take over villages and such, but I wasn’t like that. I just kept my emotions under lock and key, trying to make sure I never got hurt. Not after my parents divorced, not after my grandpa left, nothing. I didn’t want to be hurt anymore, so I wasn’t going to let people hurt me. “Then you and Niall will be fine. And, if it’s not, I’ll deal with it.”

                He nodded. “Thanks May… You’re the best.”

                I laughed softly, and flipped some hair over my shoulder. “I know, I’m just amazing, aren’t I?”

                Liam rolled his eyes, and bumped shoulders with me, there was a small smile tugging on hgis lips. I had done my job as best friend. Make him all cheerful Liam again. “Sure…” He said sarcasm thick on his words.