Chapter 18: Name it (Niall's POV)

I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS CHAPTER, AND IT MAY SEEM SHORT, BUT I THINK I LEFT IT OFF PERFECT AND I'M ALREADY WORKING ON THE NEXT CHAPTER. GAH!!! Also, dedicated to TheXOncomingXStorm since it's her bday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GURL! 

Lucy xox

-Niall’s POV-

                As soon as we got into the castle, everything went downhill. Not something you really noticed at first, it wasn’t very fast, but shit was about to go down and hit the fan at the same time.

                We (Liam and me) were walking, holding hands, down the hall, when Lee rushed up to us. “Oh, thank god I found you. May’s a right mess! Won’t talk to me, and I was thinking maybe you could talk to her…?”

                The worry was evident on Lee’s face, so he had to nod. Slowly, Liam turned to look at me, and I guessed I looked worried as well. “It might be a about the Zayn thing. You really should go.” I mumbled to him.

                He nodded again, kissing my cheek lightly, causing a small blush to come over my cheeks. “Maybe you should find Harry and Louis and go talk to Zayn?”

                I agreed, and went off, trying to find Louis and Harry, or a vampire that might know what room Zayn was in. I had no idea where Louis and Harry’s new room was, or if they were even in the castle (though I didn’t see them around town, and the town was pretty small, so I was guessing they were somewhere around here), but I did run into a nice enough looking vampire.

                “Um, do you know where Zayn Malik’s room is?” I asked awkwardly, and he looked at me oddly. He had abnormal pale skin (a shade that was abnormally pale, even for vampires) and pitch black eyes, with hair to match.

                “I do. Who is looking for him?” He said, looking at me.

                “Me.” I said, probably like it was the most obvious thing in the world (I mean, who really asks that when someone’s looking for a person?) and then I realised he wanted my name. “Oh, Niall Horan.”

                “I am Rapheal. Why is a Merman looking for a vampire’s room?” Rapheal asked.

                I was about to ask how he knew I was a Merman, but then I realised, he could probably smell the salt in my blood. My blood, like anyone else’s here, was different than a human’s. Merfolk’s blood was almost like the sea, smelt and tasted slightly salty. “We’re, uh, in the same group for the whole school thing. We’re friends.”

                Rapheal made a slightly scuff, but told me his room number. A quick thanks to him, and I was off jogging to the level below the dungeons.

                Usually, in a castle, there’s no level lower than the dungeons, but this one had one. No one knew why it was built, but it was where all the vampires stayed, since they preferred the dark. The sun didn’t really do much to them, other than bother them and make them a little weaker.

                I knocked the door lightly, knowing he’d hear me even if it was just the slightest of taps. The door was yanked open quickly, by a desperate looking Zayn, whose face fell and red tears clouded up in his eyes when he saw it was me.

                “I-I thought maybe you were…” He trailed off, letting me come in. His room was pretty big, a giant four-poster bed on a platform when you first walked in, a desk on the other side of it and a bookshelf, a fake window off to one side, a sitting area, and behind that, a bit steel tank with a tap from it. A big BLOOD written across it. Hm, I wonder what’s in there. Note that sarcasm has ‘heavy’.