Chapter 25: Okay (Liam's POV) (Part 2)

Guuuuyss! There's still time to sign up for my smut conest, detials are in Chapter 23 (not the real one) and I need this guys. I need this. Well... Really, if there's not one I like or can work with, y'alls ain't getting your Niam smut. Sorry. Annnnnd, I'M DOING A SEQUEL. YEAH. YOU READ THAT. I'm doing a sequel. I'm not sure how long it will be, but I don't think it'll be that long. 

Lucy xox

P.S. Dedicated to AlyssaHoran_ for being my 100th XD (And, yes... Maybe I have slept with that many people o.O)

---------------

-Liam’s POV-

                It was right after dinner that Niall and I swam back up to the surface. I couldn’t stop thinking about what Essie had said. There was no way I wanted to break up with Niall, but if I didn’t, she would tell him lies and that would ruin him more than I could probably imagine. I couldn’t live with myself if that happened. I had to break up with him.

                “Liam? Is something wrong?” He asked me finally, after I handed him the necklace back. Yes, Niall. Everything’s so wrong. Why do I have to do this? Because if you don’t, they’ll tell him everything that will tarnish you in his eyes. Just do it.

                “No, why do you say?” I asked, unable to just tell him that we shouldn’t be together… But we should. Be together. Forever. I could feel the tears welding up in my eyes.

                “You sure? You seem off…” He raised an eyebrow at me, and I realised I had to do this now, or I wouldn’t be able to. You shouldn’t have to.

                “We should break up.” I said softly, only letting a single tear fall, when really, I was barely holding the rest back. It hurt me, physically, to say those words. I could feel my heart ripping in two. I didn’t want to do this. I couldn’t. Be strong. For Niall.

                “Why?” Was all he said, softly. I wanted him to scream, shout, be angry with me. But he wasn’t. He was being Niall. Perfect for me in every way.  

                “I… I can’t tell you.” I said honestly. It was the least I could do, be honest with him. Be honest with me forever. Forever stay. With me. I love you Niall.

                “Yes, you can!” Niall said, anger finally showing. Good, I can deal with angry. I just can’t deal with Niall being perfect, and sweet, and just plain him. “You just won’t!” God, I’m so sorry Niall. I love you, I love you.

                “I can’t.” I said simply, feeling the dam that was holding my tears back break. I could feel them going down my face, taste the saltiness. Just like the sea and Niall. “They’ll tell you lies if I tell you… I…” Love you Niall. More than anything. I want to be perfect for you. I’m sorry.

                “You what, Liam!?” He screamed. Good. Scream at me. I can take that.

                I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. “I love you.” I whispered to him, before I ran. Leaving him there in the water. I couldn’t take it anymore. I needed someone to hold me while I cried. I needed Niall.

----------------------------

                I made it to May’s room, where she was with Zayn, before I broke down into tears. I couldn’t help it. I just… I lost him. I lost Niall.