Chapter 19: Plan it out (Liam's POV)

Oops. Meant to post this on Friday night... Obviously I didn't. Though, my updates will probably be more spaced out now, since I go up to my cottage every weekend, with no Internet and I usually don't bring my laptop up, either, so I won't be able to work on the story in Word. This is kind of a short (ok, really short) filler chapter, I'm almost done the next chapter as well, so that should be up tongiht. But I'm lazy, so it might not :P Dedicated to to OneDirection_xxoo becuase if you haven't read her story Dention, it's a bloody larry high school AU and it's amazing! 

Lucy xox

---------------------------

-Liam’s POV-

                After Niall went off in search of Zayn, Lee and I ran to May’s room, where I could hear her sobbing from outside the door. This was beyond serious. May doesn’t cry.

                When I say that, I mean it has to be something incredibly big. She didn’t cry when her parents split, when her grandfather died (well, she cried a little. May is human), when her cat got drowned by her older brother (though she did give him a good punch). May-Eve was tough.

                I quickly jammed my key into the keyhole, and opened the door. May was curled up on her bed, a big thing of ice cream, John Green’s book The Faults in Our Stars beside her, FRIENDS playing on the TV, and a spoon in her mouth. This was beyond beyond serious.

                May didn’t like ice cream that much, really only strawberry, but this was triple chocolate. She didn’t read John Green’s stuff too often (she had read every book he has out once) unless she was depressed. FRIENDS was a common thing for us, since it always put her in a good mood, but when it was all of this stuff combined? Bad, bad, bad.

                “May…?” I asked, taking the book out of the bed, and crawling in next to her.

                “Is this how you felt?” She asked, turning to look at me, spoon back in the ice cream carton. “Is this how you felt after you left Niall?”

                Tears were brought to my eyes, and I pulled her close with a quiet “Oh, May,” and a kiss on her head. 

                “I-I was just trying to push him away… Be… Because I didn’t want to hurt myself or him, and now I’ve done both!” She wailed into my chest. I could already feel the tears seeping into my shirt, and it may have been my best one, but I didn’t care. My best friend was in pain.

                “Why were you pushing him away?” I asked softly, trying to coax things out of her. I didn’t want to hurt her anymore than May already was, but I needed to know these things so I could help. I didn’t want to see either of the two hurt, but, shit, they were going to get hurt in the process. I mean, look at how May is acting right now. I could only imagine how bad Zayn was.

                She sniffled into my shirt, trying to calm herself down. “I… I…” She took in short, shallow breaths.

                “Shh, shh… Breath.” I whispered, petting her hair down.

                After a few minutes, May’s breathing was normal enough to talk properly, and began her story. “L-Last night… Y-You know h-how we h-had…” She said, still hiccupping and stutter. May’s face was out of my tee shirt, and she was constantly wiping the tears off her face with her bony wrists.

                I grabbed a tissue off the side table, and handed it to her. May took it, wiping at her tears, and talking a little more. “A-After you l-left, I w-w-waited a bit, th-then woke him up… A-And I told h-him l-last night w-was a-all a m-mistake, and th-that he w-was a mistake, a-and we-we’d never b-be m-more th-than friends.” Her crying picked up again, but she spoke through her tears. “I want t-to be more though! I-I’m j-just going to sc-screw it up!”