Chapter 3

Thea Hayden

My fist week at Nyu went by pretty fast . I had my classes and worked Tuesday,Thursday and Friday . I picked up food for my siblings , visited my aunt everyday and saw my cousins that go to Columbia . I'm currently walking to the diner right now , I have a 30 minute shift today ,another waitress that just started there couldn't make that start of it because her kid has a doctors appointment. Anyway right after that Sloan,Juliet and Catherine are meeting me for lunch there.

I got to the diner and Gertrude the owner walked right up to me and gave me a hug. "Thea,honey you don't have to work a tiny little 30 minutes I could've done it today ." She states
"I know but I need the money anyway for Roslyn's bills and I love this place so it's a win win ." I said back to her and I really to love this place , it reminds me of being 14 again .
"Alright honey whatever you say."

My shift went by pretty quick because before I knew it I saw Catherine , Sloan and Juliet were sitting at the table by the window .

I sat down right next to Cat and Juliet and Sloan were sitting next to each other across from me .

"Ladies how are you." I said
"We're good T! You ? " Catherine questioned
"I'm good . How's senior year, girly ?" I ask
Cat is in her senior year in high school ,we met when Juliet, Sloan and I were juniors , she's really sweet but is nothing like anyone in her grade .

"It's actually really good . Happy to finally leave that dreadful high school in 10 months ."

"Well I got a fifty dollar tip today ." I exclaimed

"The fuck ?! Who's dick did you have to suck to get that ?" Jules asked

"Uh-no ones thank you very much . I'm just an excellent waitress ." I said back

"More like excellent ass ." Sloan mumbled while taking a sip of her coffee

"Uh -thanks."

"Well let's be real here you're a 18 year old girl working at a diner who's obviously in college trying to make ends meet with a hella body . You're gonna get some 50 year old men trying to get into your pants an-."

I cute Sloan off so she couldn't finish, " okay ! Jesus"

"Oh and your welcome for the compliment about your ass." Sloan says

We got free fries and milkshakes from Gertrude , so  perks of working here now. We probably spent a small fortune here in high school.

"Oh ,so guys I gotta tell you something ." Catherine said

Oh shit what did she do now . I swear to fucking god if she's pregnant ...

"I got a small role in a tv series , I'm staring on Thursday...." she said

Oh thank god

"You what !" I yelled

"Cat!" Sloan shouted

"Holy shit!" Jules also yelled

"Oh my god I'm so proud of you !" I said while hugging her tightly

"Yeah thanks Thea , but I can't breathe." She said with tension in her voice

"Oh sorry, but I'm so proud of you ." I said while letting go and getting emotional .

Juliet and Sloan both get up and hugged Cat too and said how proud they were .

I really am so happy for her she's been wanted to act ever since she was in the womb. I'm just happy that she's achieving her dreams .