Chapter 63

'So darling , pull the curtains 

and in the morning  let me lie hear with you 

don't say that I'm leaving 

in the morning 

let me lie hear with you'

Haunted house ~Holly Humberstone 

October 1st 2021

Thea Hayden

"You're baby boy is doing very well , Miss . Hayden." My doctor said to me as I took the wipe from her and wiped the gel off of my stomach .

I hopped off of the table and dragged my shirt down to cover my stomach . She handed me the new set of pictures that I quickly stuffed in my back pocket .

"Have you found a family yet ?" She asked me as I picked up my purse and rested it on my shoulder . "Between a few , I don't want him to grow up like me but I don't want him to grow up entitled , you know ?" I mumbled as she hummed into agreement .

She nodded as she sanitized her hands . "I completely understand , you don't to have him be a bad kid even though you aren't raising him . It makes sense , your still going to have some sort of connection with him, Thea." She sat down on her squeaky doctor-esc chair .

"I'm not going to have any connection with him ." I shook my head in complete denial and stroking my stomach making sure he couldn't hear me in some sort of way.

"It's been genetically proven that mothers have a deeper connection with their mother than their father ." She said to me while leaning down to make eye contact with me . "Genetically speaking ." She finished off on .

"You're still a kid yourself , Thea." She took her hand in mine and I felt a tear streak down my face .

She sighed and let go of my hand and swung herself on her rolling hair and grabbed an envelope on her desk .

She opened the orange seal and pulled out thick sheets of white paper and laid them on the desk next to her and riffled through them for a moment before looking at me with that look on her face .

"I know you asked me to look into your family history." She stated kind of coating what we really got into . Well the fact that my dad apparently lied to me about my mother and then I dreamt of my mother saying that she was my mother so things are a bit all over the place at the moment .

"I looked up the person your Father supposedly said was your biological mother and got her blood type from her records and Scarlett , your mother ." She rambled to herself more than me .

She finally looked up at me and placed her hands in her lap and rolled over to me and took my hands in hers . "Thea." She sighed and I knew .

I knew right then and there by that fucking look and that fucking sigh that he was right . I shook my head and contorted my face .

She squeezed my hands as I shook my head back felt my cheeks become moist and my eyes start to sting . "No." I squeaked as she sat there not knowing what to say .

"Scarlett is not your biological mother ." My breath shuttered and I coughed violently as she shot up and sat next to me . I felt her hand on my sweaty back as she rubbed soothing circles .

"N-no, no." I shook my head and arched my back . She kept doing it making me stand and slip under my feet and land on my butt .

"Fuck." I cursed with streaks of mascara on my face .