Chapter 36

'But I think I'm lost without you

I just feel crushed without you
I've been strong for so long
That I never thought how much I needed you
I think I'm lost without you'

~Lost without you~Freya Ridings 

Harry Styles 

I saw the brown, greyed haired man with identical eyes to Thea's waltz into the room with a grin on his face, a fucking grin. Conners stands up immediately and goes to hug Charlie, of course. Charlie comes to sit next to me and he reeks of weed and bourbon. "Wow, Charlie Hayden." Conners sits back down and smacks Kenneth's shoulder. "This guy was crazy in highschool. Had the best times with him and his girl. How is Scarlet?"

"She passed after giving birth to my youngest." he explains and it takes every fiber of my being not to kill this man right next to me. And he acts was if he has any right to talk about Elle or any of them. "Oh, I'm sorry Charlie. You two were like the it couple." Conners says. "Yeah, well." he shrugs it off. "Now back to business." Kenneth interrupts their conversation obviously annoyed as much as I am.

"Your the kid dating my Theadora , right ?" he smirks at me and I clench my jaw and look over at him. "No, I'm dating Thea." I emphasize then look back over at Kenneth who seems to be taking my side in this whole thing. "Okay, it does say here that her name is Thea, so let's keep it at Thea." he nods at me and I nod my head back in appreciation while I hadn't even noticed he was looking at a file of some sort. "Since everyone from the accident is here besides Thea, let's go over everything." Kennth states which confuses me. "Wait, wasn't there another car?" I question. "The other victim passed in surgery about a day ago." Kennth states while seemingly taking over this meeting. 

"Oh my god." I say under my breath and slouch in my seat. "Kid, it's not your fault. You had the right away." I pause and clasp my hands on the table. "I thought it was just that the gears wouldn't shift and we drove at the wrong time or something?" I ask Kennth while I feel Charlie's glare on me. "Report says that Thea Hayden and Harry Styles had the right away while getting stuck abruptly due mechanical damage and Charlie Hayden and Leo Smith, the other victims. Were both heavily intoxicated and did not stop when they both had red lights." Kennth reads off and I look over at Charlie who's face falls. 

"You piece of shit." I spit over at him. "Boy, I'd watch your mouth." He says back at me and I throw my head back in laughter then look back at him with a smile. "Charlie, I think it's best if you go." Conners finally speaks up. "Conners, c'mon." he pleads innocent. "It was unprofessional to continue this meeting with both of you here, I'm sorry Hayden ." he shrugs and sighs. "So, it wasn't enough for you to giver the fucking ptsd and nightmares, you had to put her in the hospital." I seethe.

"She's my daughter, I'd watch your mouth before I make sure she'll never see you again." he states which makes me laugh, again. "You realize she practically lives with me , right. Fucking me every night." I continue laughing , that seemed to get him mad. "You haven't even respect her choice and call her her actual name. You haven't been in her life since she was ten!" I shout and stand up as does he. "Now you've done it." he points his boney finger at me. "What are you gonna do?" I question while bending down to his eye line , I got a good inch or two on him.

"I'll tell her about your dear daughter." he states which makes my blood run cold. "W-what." I stutter. "Now that got you to shut up." he smiles. "Kara Marie Styles. Six years old. Born September 30th, 2015. Mother, Genevieve Rowland had her at age fifteen with father Harry Styles, also at age fifteen." he finishes off and Conners looks bewildered at his high school friend and takes him outside in flash. I stand there frozen with tears in my eyes.  Kennth comes in front of me and pushes me to is down into the seat.