Chapter 65

'All I want is nothing more

To hear you knocking at my door

'cause if I could see your face once more

I could die a happy man I'm sure'

~All I want ~ Kodaline 

Thea Hayden

I stepped off the subway with Wyatt in his carrier, people gazing at me in distain at me and Wyatt crying every now and then.

It's my first time out of the apartment with Wyatt, minus the time I was transported from the hospital and to Lou's place. I hadn't even realized it until I decided to get up off my ass this morning after Louis left for school.

I hadn't showered his four days either , which was much needed. I was covered in puke and piss and my hair was matted. I had gotten Wyatt to fall asleep for the better part of ten minutes while I cleansed every part of my body.

I placed him in his carrier and sat him on the couch adjacent to the bathroom and kept the door open. I will confidently say that I had never been so scared to take a shower. I was so hyper aware of the fact that Wyatt could get hurt at any moment that I think I forgot to shave one f my legs.

I left my siblings on the couch once when I was ten and I didn't even bat an eye when I was in the kitchen making soup for three hours but ten minutes away from Wyatt and I need a new round of meds.

I felt the cool breeze fan on my skin as I ascended from the underground stairs and hoisted Wyatt up a bit making him shuffle a bit and whine but calm down soon after. I hope to God that the noise doesn't wake him.

Navigating my way through the city , I walked about two blocks before I found the spot I was looking for.

The field filled with lives ended and stones cracked and buried and one that we needed to visit.

"Here we go." I breathed and started walking on the lumpy grass with Wyatt slowly starting to wake up in his carrier. I searched the rows and squinted my eyes trying to find the spot that I should have visited more.

I finally found it and placed Wy down on the ground and crouched down and crossed my legs together. I leaned over to unbuckle Wyatt with a small cry escaping him as I brought him to be cradled in my arms.

I let out a shaky breath as I looked at the cement writing and felt the brisk fall air sprawl across my skin. I wrapped the blanket I attempted to knit perfectly around my boy tightly so he could feel warmth , whenever his body temperature drops one degree below normal he starts screaming like crazy.

Licking my chapped lips and leaning down to kiss his forehead more for myself than for him. "This is your Auntie Roslyn." I explained to him with his eyes gently shut and his rose and cheeks rose red.

"You guys have the same birthday." I laughed lightly , I realized the other day when I was going through some of my things and found her passport. Whatever I didn't take from my old place , the new owners were nice enough to find out where I was living and sent all the leftover things there.

October 1st, 1978. The day she was born and Wyatt, October 1st, 2021.

My two favorite people born on the same day. I kind of freaked out at first but Louis explained to me that he believed she passed away so Wyatt could be born and take that day of celebration and so we could all be happy on that day instead of being sad that we're not celebrating another year with her.