Chapter 34

'My boy's being sus and he don't know how to cuss

He just sounds like he's tryna be his father (Who are you?)
My boy's an ugly crier but he's such a pretty liar and by that I mean he said he'd "change" '

~Billie Eilish~ my boy

This is who I picture as Kara by the way since she's being brought up a lot lately

This is who I picture as Kara by the way since she's being brought up a lot lately .

Harry Styles

Thea and I woke up relatively early. I walked her to work per usual and I took the subway to Roslyn's hospital. I got there pretty quickly thankfully. I walked up to her room and knocked lightly before entering. "Come in." I hear her soft voice and I open the door and she smiles brightly as soon as she see's me. "Harry dear!" she reaches out her arms and I go over to her bed and sit down and hug her. "Does Thea know you're here?" she asks as we let go of our embrace. "No, just dropped her off at work." I shake my head and tug at my lip ring a bit. "Good, don't want her thinking I'm stealing her boyfriend or anything." she jokes and we both laugh a bit.

"The reason I asked you here today is because I wanted to have a conversation with you that I don't take lightly." she gets into a serious tone and takes my hand into hers. " I haven't been honest with Thea." she tells me and I crease my brows in confusion. "How do you mean?" I ask and start to shift on the bed a bit. "Well ,you know how I give her an update on my progress whether she's here with me or out with you or just doing anything." she explains to me and I nod in confirmation. "Well I've been giving her false updates." she tells me. "I've been progressively getting worse , Harry...not better." she stunned me.

"Roslyn, I'm so sorry." I apologize immediately. "Don't apologize dear, but Logan and Elle know, they knew as soon as they saw me on my birthday but it's obvious Thea is in denial especially with her father back." she reiterates. "As soon as you left Logan called me with Elle and had told me they knew, they saw how bad it was but they thought we shouldn't say anything to Thea and I agreed." she starts crying and I start stroking her hand. "I agreed because that girl has suffered enough." she states sternly and wipes the remnants of some of her tears. "Roslyn , she's still going to be hurting no matter what." I tell her in a low voice.

"But she doesn't have to suffer knowing when the exact time is the last time she'll see me and I don't want that . I don't want her or the kids for that matter to see me at my last breath . I want them to be doing something happy when my time comes." she wipes a tear from my cheek that I didn't know I had. " I asked you here because when I'm gone she's going to shut out her siblings,she always has when she's hurting. But she let you in when my brother came back and I'm going to need you to take care of her." she explains to me "You're not her aunt , you're her mother she's going to hate herself for not knowing and you know it." she cups my cheeks as tears trickle down my face.

She shrugs and lets out a breath, "She'll be okay with you, I know it." but I shake my head in her grasp."She's going to hate me so much, Roslyn." I choke on my sobs. "This wasn't your choice." she states firmly. "No I didn't tell her and she's going to find out and I'm not going to be there for her when you go." I let out without knowing. "Harry, dear ,you're going to have to explain what you mean." she looks into my eyes. "Kara." I whisper and bite my lip." Your little cousin in England?" she asks me. "No." I look down at our hands.