Prologue

My mother had 7 kids, the oldest Milani we call her Momo. The second Tre, the third Tyrone sometimes we call him ty. The fourth Jacques, but we call him Jhak. Then it's me, next it's Monique, and lastly the twins. Travis and Ja'Neicey or what we call her JaJa.

The first time I got shot was when I was 4, the Alphas found us again. We were just about to head to bed after having a family dinner.

Like every night I hated it, mom would stay on me. Constantly calling me out for the things she already disapproved of me doing.

Just as I walked in my shared room with Monique gun shots down the street was heard, my dad had quickly demanded us to split up.

I grabbed Monique who was ready to go, and we ran out the back door. We ran down the street trying to get to Uncle Craig's house, running as fast as our litte legs could carry us, but sadly we were seen.

Some Alpha members were posted just outside of Uncle Craig's house, when they seen us running the other way they quickly ran after us. We weren't fast enough to outrun them, even with our track techniques.

They caught us and dragged us back to Uncle Craig's house, they made us watch as they tied our cousins and their parents to chairs.

They made us watch as they spilled gasoline around the house, and they made us watch as they burnt down the house with them in it.

We heard their screams and cries for help. Our neighbors couldn't even call for the police since they were petrified.

A man that was really tall came up to both of us he bent down to our height. He had a scar running down from his eyebrow to his cheek, it was really long.

"They did a good job hiding you, now which one of you is the key?"

My sister and I remain silence, because that was what we were taught to do. We didn't even show emotions when they killed our uncle, aunt, and cousins. Royals are taught to hide their emotions, expecially from the enemy.

He smiled and turned around, he then turned back to us and slapped Monique then me. We both fell to the ground, my cheek stung as my mouth began to taste bitter.

I looked at Monique and saw that she was spitting out blood.

Skreechhh

We all looked to the left, down the street and saw a car approaching fast. And it wasn't any car it was my dad's car, Monique and I made a run for it as bullets went flying. We ran to wherever our legs can take us, the further we got the less danger we were in.

Suddenly there was a motorcycle following us at full speed, we zig-zagged and tried to get it off our tails. We got cornered in an alleyway, the driver on the motorcycle took out his gun and pointed it to Monique. Monique was emotionless ready to get shot, the driver then pulled the trigger.

I thought fast and jumped in front of Monique, making the bullet enter me. I fell knocking down both Monique and I.

The pain in my gut stung, am I going to die?
I slowly felt my self drift away. Was I scared? No, to be honest I was happy. Happy that I didn't have to hide anymore.

"NuNu stay awake, mommy and daddy will be here!!" Monique yelled. The last thing I saw was Monique crying. For me.

We're all human, no one is capable of holding in their emotions for long.

~

To be honest, the best time of my life was elementary. I had friends which were all boys by the way, girls are obnoxiously annoying. We would always talk about getting to the top, and becoming famous. Since we were in the hood, most people didn't even get a chance to get out.