Chapter 18

Brunet

To be honest, I learned very little to nothing about Janunu from the days that I'm spending with her. She is the most complicated psychopath that I've ever encountered.

She doesn't show her true emotions very much, nor does she talk about herself. And her moves, you should have seen them that night. She moved with the wind.

You couldn't see her coming or going, even myself. I was confused the whole time she was taking down those men during their little meeting.

One would fall from the left and then another from the right. She was truly an assassin, the most amazing assassin.

It makes me wonder, how is she different from the other psychopaths that get arrested at the FBI? All of those psychology classes I took helped me understand people's mindset. But with Janunu she's like a storm, I can barely understand her next move.

She's a scrabbled puzzle with lots of missing pieces.

"You can set up on the east side of this building." Janunu said as she pointed to a tall building just a few blocks away from the Alpha's gala building.

"I don't want to snipe, I want to be on the field too." I spoke honestly.

She put her cup of water down on the table as she sat down on the chair. She crossed her legs and leaned back. "Hm, and why do you want to be on the field with me?"

Gosh why does this feel like an interview? I gulped, "Because...I want to be able to do something exciting rather than sit around and wait for my shot."

She smirked, "We only got one chore done, how are you already tired of doing your task?"

I hate when she does that, just use regular terms. "I'm tired because that's all i do at work."

Her brows arched, "I thought you said that sometimes your boss makes you snipe." A sigh escaped my lips, I'm actually a full time sniper. I really wanted to be a profiler and help solve mysteries, but I didn't meet Quantico's standards.

They gave me a sniper's position and said that it suits me. I think they wanted me as a sniper from the jump and made me do all that other stuff for nothing.

"I lied" i said, feeling ashamed. Janunu chuckled, "I knew you weren't one of those little agent people. They would have a completely different attitude from yours."

She's right, a really FBI agent would have put her down the moment he/she had a chance. I didn't, instead I let her control me like a ragged doll.

"Are you ok?" She asked. She sounded so concerned. I looked up at her, "Y-yeah, I'm fine."

She shook her head and came over to sit next to me on the couch. "No your not, I can see it in your eyes. What's wrong?"

"You won't care."

She frowned and turned my head to look at her, "I do care, your my partner." I looked at her, is she for real? She cares for me?

I sighed, "I don't think I'm fit to be in the FBI."

She cooed and hugged me, i hummed and hugged her back. Though this is very unusual for her to do, I believe she actually cares.

"Annnnnnnnnnd I don't care." She said and pulled away from me.

I frowned, "W-wha-"

She lift her finger up, and I knew what that means. She wants me to shut up.

"I like to act, so I was trying my acting skills on you. The fact that you believed me is a good sign that I'm a great actor." Then she got up and went back to her seat.