Chapter 31

Momo

Another name being added to the exceedingly long list of our dead, Tre Williams.

He didn't deserve to die like that, he was at a breaking point. Janunu shouldn't have pulled the trigger even if she thought it was the right thing to do.

Tre is our brother, she could have at least showed mercy on him and shot his arm. Her being able to kill a family member without a second thought scares me.

What if it were Travis or Jaja? We have to get her help whether she likes it or not.

"Good Morning everyone." The priest said as he stood in front of the podium. Many returned the greeting while the others continued crying.

Today is a sad sad day, today is the day we rightfully say goodbye to our dead.

Many of our dead don't have a body since it was burned up from the bomb. While some do, which were the ones that didn't make it out the hospital.

Though two were murdered in a completely different way, and one died peacefully.

17 caskets were aligned in front of the church. 4 large stones with names running down them sat on both ends of the casket line.

274 people lives were taken from the Royals, that's more than half of our people. There now remains 132 people.

Outsiders stood outside the church giving us their support.

Throughout the whole service i was still and silent. The words of the priest came in one ear and out the other.

Everyone was dismissed from the church and were now heading to our privately owned field. As we walked out the News reporters of various channels bombarded us with questions about Janunu.

They have the nerve to come on a day of sadness and talk about irrelevant things. The disrespect.

One of the reporters got in my face, "Excuse me, but how are you going to get Janunu to talk about her heroic decision in taking the Alphas down?"

I slapped the microphone out of her hand, anger was boiling in my blood. "Get off of our territory or you die...All of you!!!" I yelled.

They scampered away, getting in their vans and drove away.

"Calm down, Mo. Don't let your emotions dictate your actions. Your better than this." Jhak said sounding like dad.

I took a deep breathe and exhaled slowly, nodding my head I thanked him for the advice and headed to my car.

I followed the other cars to the graveyard in peace. As we got to the graveyard the ushers put the caskets on their sites.

Then everyone surrounded the many caskets. The dead without bodies each had their own tombstones so they weren't left out.

The burial began and the cries of my people grew louder.

We'll get our revenge on that mob boss, we know nothing about his damn wife so he obviously had us mistaken for someone else.

I saw Davie move to the front, in front of everyone. He was about to speak when Janunu came out of no where and stood in front of him, getting everyone's attention.

She was fidgeting with her fingers as her mouth laid slightly open. She look down at the ground, contemplating on what to say.

"Dad...King Williams was one of those people that'll..put everything before his needs. He wanted peace, not just in our family but..with the Alphas too. He didn't get to see that dream."