Chapter Nine - You Again

The bright lights flicker around me as I stood staring aimlessly at the cream coloured wall, the frigile hand in mine only moving ever so slightly. Tilly lay there on the hospital bed focusing on the ceiling too intently. She was so brave as the thin needle was inserted into her thin frigile arm that was covered in bruises. The pain of the todays events still clearly etched on her face. Heck, even I was finding it hard to forget. 

"Cameron?" A strong male voice echoed in the small cubical. Dr. Sexy.

"Dr. Thompson. Nice to see you. Again." I said sternly. I was trying to focus all of my attention towards Tilly but I became curious after my greeting met nothing in return. His eyes still sparkled brightly in the poorly lit cubical and I couldn't help but stare. GOD he was gorgeous! His parents deserve a gold medal in making a son so sexy as sin. Every woman working with him needed a highfive for I sure as hell know I wouldn't be able to work with his well built arms poking through his shirt everyday.

"I didn't think you would be working today, being so close to the wedding day. Are you okay?" His eyes had softened and were looking directly at my bruise. My hand flew to my face as some sort of defence from his beautiful concerned eyes.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just needed to clear my head, I thought work might've done the trick." I paused to soften my eyes. "Thank you." We stood in the tiny cubical staring longingly at eachother. His well defined jaw twitched as his eyes grew darker. His chest lifted slightly as his breathing became more shallow. This was awkward. We had been staring at eachother for a good minute before Tilly's chuckle had brought us out of our staring competion.

"How do you two know eachother?" Tilly lifted herself on to her elbows and stared at us with a bright smile.

"She stood on my toe, almost broke my rib cage and she wanted a hug." I stood staring at him dumbfounded. His eyes lit up as I realised he was teasing me. He knew that I was trying to go for the hug lastnight or more specifically early morning? The cheeky bugger!

"Well in my own defence you kept getting in my way. I was merely a concerned sister who brought her drunk and silly sister in to get her ankle checked. You were just in the wrong place at the wrong time." I laughed.

"Oh so now its my fault?" He responeded.

"Yes. Very much so!" We all stood there laughing, I managed to sneak in a few glances at him. He really was good looking.

"Well you might as well ask her to marry you now!" Tilly laughed. Silence came from both sides of Tilly's bed. I stood staring at Dr. Thompson and he stood staring wide eyed at me. "You two aren't dating? Oh, I'm so sorry. Its just that the sexual tension was rolling of both of you and I thought..."

"Well, this seems awkward!" We all turned our heads to the direction of the curtain where Liam stood with a large grin on his face.

"Um, why don't I get a better look at you?" Dr. Thompson said as he cleared his throat and turned towards Tilly.

"Yes, why don't you do that and I will rescue Cameron with the pained and embarrassed look on her face. Tilly you take care, okay." Liam's voice invaded my thoughts. Trust him to make me look even more like an idiot. I just nodded as Liam dragged me out of the cubical. I smiled awkwardly at Tilly and she gave me pained looked. Dr. Thompson didn't even look at me.

I sat in silence as I knew what was waiting for me back at the station.