Chapter 12 - Poison Ivy

The feeling of a strong headache had brought me back to the present. My sister was stomping about in her room with her arms going every which way. Her eyes red and bloodshot with tears darting down her face and rolling off her chin. Even now she was still more beautiful than me. Bitch. She started cursing the day Dylan was born and made some kind of comment about firing her personal trainer. I had had enough.

"Caz! Look we can sort this out okay! I just need you calm down and to stop stomping your damn feet. Your swollen ankle will only get worse! You don't want a fat ankle on your wedding day, do you? Plus if you keep stressing like this you're going to get pimples on your face. SO for the love of God, calm the FUCK DOWN!" I said hurriedly. Using the words 'God' and 'Fuck' in the same sentence made me feel uneasy. I didn't realise I had just made everything worse than it was before.

"FAT ANKLE? PIMPLES?! OMG! I'M GOING TO BE AN UGLY BRIDE!" She wailed.

"You've done it now!" Emily whispered harshly. Jeepers! I didn't realise women were so insecure about fat ankles. My Mother, Sarah, Emily and Georgia stood staring at me like I had just grown three heads.

"What?" I asked quietly looking at all of them.

"I can't have a fat ankle and pimples, its my wedding day. I'm mean't to be flawless! I don't want to look average or look like Cameron on my wedding day! I'm going to be a fat bride!" Caz said to no one in particular. What did she mean 'look like Cameron'? That little, ungreatful...her comment somehow stung me. Maybe because she never ever said what everybody else thought...that she was the prettier one.

"Hey! At least you can wear a veil to cover your face!" I laughed solely at my joke untill I looked up and saw Caz pick up a vase. Oh shit! I had ducked just in time as the vase slammed against the wall behind me, shattering into a million pieces.

"Are you CRAZY?!" I squealed out the words, my voice unrecognisable. Everyones hands flew to their mouths to cover the shock of seeing sweet and innocent Caz throwning a vase at anyone let alone me.

Caz stood defiantly and tried to cover her shock at her childish out burst. "I'm sorry." She wispered quietly as her eyes moistened and she began to wail again, all of us too in shock to say anything. My Mother pulled Caz into a tight hug and turned her head to me and the fellow braidsmaids, her eyes landing on me.

"Get. Out." She said through gritted teeth. Great! Now I had just pissed off Momma Bear.

We all exited in a hurry, rushing down stairs in hopes that another vase wont be thrown our way. The bridesmaids turned to look up the stairway to make sure Caz hadn't followed and then casted their eyes on me.

"What did I say?" I asked with eyebrows raised.

"What did I say?" Emily mimicked. "You said she had fat ankles and that she had pimples!"

"I said if she kept stressing she was going to get pimples!"

Sarah scoffed at me incredilously. "You NEVER comment on a bride-to-be's weight, ankles or face. Its an unspoken rule of the woman. Gosh! Fat fucking ankles!" She turned and pulled the front door open and walked to where the ladies were still congregated. We all exited the house and I was in search of a glass of wine.

Thankfully the women were all too immersed in their conversations to notice the four of us exiting the house with sour faces. I am not cut out for this maid of honour roll. I had insulted the bride for goodness sake. Sarah, Emily and Georgia had casually blended back into the large group. There was a buzz of conversation being held in different groups and laughter seemed to fill the air. I needed a large glass of wine. I slid over to the make shift bar on the porch and continued to fill my wine glass to the brim stopping only when I looked up and met the disapproving look of my Grandmother Ivy.

Grandma Ivy was my fathers mother. She has never liked me and always made a point of buying Ethan, Edward and Caz better christmas presents. Her snide comments never went astray as she would make subtle eye contanct with me and grin when she saw me get upset. I don't know why she hated me, I never did anything to her.

"I can see your still drowning your jealousy using alcohol." She smiled in a tight line. Wow! Gradmother dearest was not holding back today. Perfect.

"Its lovely to see you too." I replied back sweetly.

"Oh cut the crap! I know you're doing everything in your power to ruin her day." Ivy spoke out harshly.

I stared at her incredulously. "Oh really and how in the hell did you come to that conclusion?"

"Oh, I don't know! Maybe because you're a bitter older sister who couldn't bare the thought of her baby sister getting married before her. Her veil goes missing, she can't seem to find her rings and her dress can't fit her. The dress that YOU  picked up from the dry cleaners." She wispered harshly.

"The only bitter person here is you! You're a spiteful old hag who for some reason unknown to me, hates my guts. I know about the call you made to the head of drama to convince them to give Caz the role of Sandy in college. Everyone knew I was made for the part of Sandy, Caz could barely reach the top note in Summer Nights!" I spat out dangerously close to Ivy. She had lost the right to be called grandma when she insisted I would purposefully ruin Caz's day. I have never spoken to Ivy like this. She has turned me into...well...her!

"I don't know what you're talking about." Ivy replied cooly while trying to hide her shock in my knowledge of the information.

"OH BULLSHIT! What did I do to you? You know what, don't answer that! I would never want to ruin my sisters day and the fact that you would even consider me to do such a thing...to stoop so low and to act like a conniving snake that we all know you are IVY,  just shows how much of tacky person you are." I wispered harshly as I took another step closer to her. I looked around at the group who were still chatting away before looking back at Ivy. "So next time you think about saying something nasty to me remember I will not back down." I reached behind her and grabbed the bottle of wine which had been calling my name during this whole conversation and strutted my way down the steps and made my way for the gate.

Emily smirked at me knowing full well that Ivy was a grade-A pain in the ass. Ivy was our Grandmother and we both had a mutual dislike for her. Emily lifted her hand as I walked past her and we high-fived at the look of sheer anger that was plastered on Ivy's face.

I opened the gate and started to walk around the hedge when I bumped into a hard chest. 

Mother of Moses! Or was it Mother of Jesus? GOD!