Chapter 21 - Game Plan

Today was the day, Caz and Daniel's wedding day. I, being the police woman in the family, was going to get through this wedding with expert precision. Today, I am nobody's family, friend, sister, daughter and Grandbaby. I am the drill sargent. I am the maid-of-honour.

The clock on the wall striked 8am and pushed down hard on the horn in my hand.

"Rise and shine princesses! We have 5 hours and 45 minutes. Today we stick to a strick schedule, starting with Breakfast." I walked into the guest bedroom where Sarah and Georgia had slept in. I pulled the blanket back harshly which had them holding onto it with a death grip. "The local Cafe were kind enough to drop breakfast here, so you twig bitches better let go of the fucking blanket and get downstairs now."

I had finally managed to pull the blanket from them much to their dismay. They snuggled close to eachother seeking warmth from eachothers bodies. I'm kind of dissapointed that I was able to pull the blanket off the easily. 

"You are a BITCH!" Georgia squealed. 

"Oh you're a spiteful hoe." Sarah said through clinched teeth. I had warned them to go to bed earlier, but no, they wanted to stay up till the wee hours of the morning gossiping about god knows what. Nobody ever listens to me, why? Caz ran past me and jumped on the bed landing in the middle of the small space Georgia and Sarah had created when they saw Caz running.

"ITS MY WEDDING DAY!" Caz screamed deafeningly loud. Georgia and Sarah joined in and I took that as my que to leave. Why did women get so crazy on their wedding day? 

"Ah, Emily how nice of you to grace us with your presence. I woke you up an hour ago." I stated as Emily pushed past me to get to the bathroom. Her hair was wild and untamed and she looked like she never went to sleep lastnight. Good god! I do not need hideous looking bridesmaids today. She left the bathroom door open and stared at me through hooded eyes showing me nothing but hate while she sat on the toilet seat pissing. What a pleasant way to start my morning!

"You're an asshole." She said pointedly.

"I'm an asshole? You're an asshole." 

"No, you're an asshole! You wake those twig bitches up now and wake me up an hour ago?" She was so dramatic. 

"You only just got up! If I woke you up now, breakfast would be cold. So stop being a cry baby and hurry up. Also drop the attitude, I warned you not to finish the bottle of Vodka."

"Fuck you!" She spat.

"Why are my grandbabies swearing? I taught you better than that!" Nana came up from behind me and clipped me around the ears. She still treated us like we were little as she walked promptly into the bathroom and clipped her other grandbaby around the ears, just like she use to when Emily and I were younger and fought. Emily wasn't her biological grandchild but she knew how Grandma Ivy treated Emily and I so she became a real grandma to Emily. Emily treated Nana like she was her real Grandma so it worked out fine.

"OW!" Emily and I cried together.

"Ha. Ha. You just got clipped around the ears!" Caz said mockingly from behind me. "Why are you peeing with the door open?"

"You, young lady, will get one too if you're not downstairs eating breakfast in the next 30 seconds!" Nana scolded. Caz sprinted off down the stairs and I turned to see Nana glaring daggers at Emily. "Why are you peeing with the door open? That is not lady like at all." Nana pushed me out the door and proptly slammed it behind her as she stepped out. Nana shot me daggers before walking towards the stairs, her long nightie skimming each step as she took one step at a time. For a 88-year-old she looked good. She had been living with Mum and Dad since last year after Granddad's sudden death. Ever since she just seems so lost without her soul mate. 

"Is the bathroom free?" Sarah asked tiredly from  behind me.

"No Emily's in there. Probably taking a huge DUMP!" I yelled at the bathroom door.

"SHUT UP!" Emily yelled from the otherside.

I smiled at Sarah and walked downstairs to have some breakfast. Caz and I only just got back from the look out at 7.50am. We had fallen asleep as we had both gotten up early. Thank god for the seagulls squawking in our faces as we might of missed breakfast.

I arrived in the kitchen to see the wide array of delicious food splayed across the table, but the bacon was the only thing calling my name. BACON! Sarah and Emily finally joined the rest of us for breakfast and I took this as my chance to bring out my whiteboard with the long list of to-do's.

"Okay, people. Today is a very important day, so I have made a long list including a time frame to which I expect each and everyone of you ready." I rolled the large white board that I had borrowed from Dad's office out and heard many groans coming from each of the girls. "As you can see you all have a list of to-do's under your own name. Please follow this schedual and we may all come out of this unscathed. So tick for breakfast. Now, Emily and Georgia you guys are in the showers first. 8.45 your showers must commence. Emily use the main shower upstairs. Georgia use the shower downstairs. 15 minute showers, okay. I have a timer in my bag and I will put it on the instant both shower doors are closed."

"You cannot be serious!" Emily groaned.

"Dixie Chicks serious. Please, I beg of you do not double condition!" I begged as I looked at Georgia who had a mouth full of eggs.

"That was one time!" She mumbled.

"The hairstylists get here at 9.30am. So I want the shower transitions to be quick and smooth which means Sarah and Caz you must be ready to start your showers at 9.00am on the dot. Okay?" They nodded quickly before getting back to shoving food in their faces. The makeup artist will join us at 11.00am or 11.20am she couldn't give me a specific time which is annoying but I can work with uncertainty."

"Can you?" Emily said with raised eyebrows. They all started to laugh hysterically as I rolled my eyes. Yes, maybe I was acting just a little bit crazy but I want everything to go smoothly. Today has to be perfect.

"Shut up. The photographer will arrive at 12.30pm and take a few shots before he goes to the boys. Please be ready and be prompt. Georgia and Emily you both have fifteen minutes to go before your allocated shower time starts, so hurry murry." I clapped my hands and took a seat before I got back to eating my food.

"Fuck sakes!" Emily grumbled before taking a long sip of her orange juice. "Today's going to be a long day with Miss drill sargent over here who has a carrot up her ass. You need to get laid by Jack and fast!"

I choked on my pancake while Caz and the bridesmaids started laughing hysterically.

Yep, today was definately going to be a long day.