Chapter 25 - Tears and Confessions

I was too busy thinking about what my father said when I felt someone tap me lightly on the leg. I turned and looked at Sarah as she leaned back in her chair so I could see Emily. Emily looked angry. Like a Psychopathic angry, where she was on the brink of ripping someone's throat out. 

"Are you okay?" She asked as she reached her arm across Sarah to grab onto mine. I stared at her hand for a long time. She was gripping it tightly, like she was scared to let me go. I looked up to her with tears blurring my vision, I shook my head and stood up quickly. I ran to the building 30 metres away from the marquee and went to look for the nearest toilet. I ran into a cubical and slammed the door shut not wanting anyone to see me this hurt or this...weak. I burst into tears as I slid down the toilet door and hid my face in the palms of my hand. I don't know what to make of my fathers comments. Did he hate me? Did he regret having me? I know I was never an easy child, but to go as far as to say 'only' daughter during his speech; I just don't understand the hate and hostility. Loud footsteps were heard before a big bang gave me a fright. 

"Cameron?" Emily said softly. I tried not to sob but I was so hurt and confused that I couldn't hold it in.

"Cameron? Can you open the door, please?" Sarah said as she poked her head from under the cubical next to me.

"I don't want you to see me like this." I choked out. I leaned forward and ripped a large piece of toilet paper off the holder. "Just give me a minute." 

"Cameron! Get out of the toilet now!" I looked up to the source of the voice and saw Ethan and Edward looking down at me from the two cubicals on each side. 

"What are you guys doing here? Its the girls bathroom."

"That doesn't matter. Get up off the filthy ground and unlock the door now!" Ethan demanded. He was deffinately the older brother. I sat not moving, staring at nothing but the dirty toilet in front of me. "Cameron." Ethan growled out.

"Alright! Alright, I'm coming." I stood up and opened the door only to be enveloped by Edwards big arms.

"I don't know what the fuck has gotten into Dad, but that was way out of line!" Edward said angrily.

"If it wasn't for Uncle Tom who announced that the second Dinner was being served I would've stood up and punched him infront of everybody. How dare he say that. Caz as always was oblivious to Dad's rude and hurtful remark. I know you and Dad don't get along, but that was completely inappropriate and out of line. I know you think I'm up Dad's arse but to tell you the truth, its because I want his job. He's going to retire soon and...well...I want the old farts job." He stated, as he looked between Edward and I. Edward was still hugging me as we looked at him sideways.

"Hold up! You've been kissing Dad's arse for years just so you could get his job?" Edward ask skeptically.

Ethan nodded his head and looked at me seriously. "I am ashamed to say, yes. I know there were times where I should've stuck up for you, but I let my ego and pride get in the way. But I will not stand by anymore and watch him say shit like that. I'm going to go and give him a piece of my mind." Ethan started to turn on his heel, before I flew out of Edwards strong embrace and stopped Ethan from leaving the bathroom. 

"NO! You can't! Today is Caz's day! We cannot ruin it for her. I am mad as hell and I want an explanation too, but I'm not going to let some drama with Dad ruin my baby sisters wedding day. So we all need to keep our heads about us and stay calm. Tommorrow we can be mad. Got it?"

They all nodded they're heads and Sarah got to fixing my makeup.

"Did anyone see me run out?" I asked no one in particular as I smacked my lips together.

"No, everyone was too busy chatting away by that time." Edward stated as he fixed his tie while looking in the mirror.

"All done! We better get back before someone comes looking for us." Sarah said as she packed away makeup into her little purse.

"Okay, but remember we act normal. Be cool." I said as I followed them out of the bathroom. We started making our way back to the marquee when Ethan grabbed my arm. He waited untill everyone was a  good distant away before talking.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Ethan asked as he gripped onto my shoulders.

"Yes! I'll be fine."

"I will look out for you okay. I know I don't show it often but I do love you. You are my little sister and I wont let anyone hurt you. Not even Dr. Mcdreamy." He said as he made his eyes flutter. I pushed him away and carried on walking.

"Shut up! I don't call him Dr. Mcdreamy."

"OH, REALLY? Cause Edward said you do."

"I do not! Plus its none of your business!" I huffed.

"It is too my business. I have to look out for my little sisters. I would warn him to stay away but he told me he loved you and that he wanted your hand in marriage."

"HE WHAT?!" I practically squealed.

"So you do like him!" 

"What? No! UGH! SHUT UP!" I said as I stomped away from him.

Oh brother!