Chapter 22 - Final Countdown

"I swear someone better find Emily's shoe in the next 2 minutes or else I'm going to hit the roof!" I yelled at no one in particular. Just like I thought, Emily failed to stick to the game plan and it was driving me crazy. When I am in charge of something I want it to go exsactly the way I planned it to go, but Emily just loved to push my buttons. In every direction there was chaos. To my left I had my Mum doing pilates in her sweats. I had Nana yelling at everyone to find her blue brooch which she swore she left on the table. I had the hairstylists doing Caz and Sarah's hair at the slowest of fucking speed. They were laughing and joking like there wasn't a wedding we had to get to. Georgia was getting her makeup done quietly, thank god! And I had yet to finish getting my makeup done because I was too busy getting everyone else ready. 

"WAIT! I FOUND IT!" Emily yelled from upstairs.

"NOW PUT THE DAMN THING ON BEFORE YOU LOSE IT AGAIN!" I yelled back. "MUM! Shower. NOW!" 

She looked at me up and sighed. "I'm just trying to find my inner peace. I want to look good today."

"Mother its not about you, okay. So, WOULD YOU GET IN THE DAMN SHOWER!" I have never yelled at my mother like that before and I was scared as she turned and popped her hip out and glared at me. I quickly ducked behind Nana who was walking past.

"Hey! Who the fuck do you think you're talking to? You watch your tone." She scolded as she turned and walked to the shower. I stood up and placed a kiss on Nana's cheek, who was too busy looking in her jewlery box to notice that I had used her as my personal shield from my mother.

Now, it was my turn to get my makeup done. 15 minutes later my makeup was finished. My makeup was pretty and simple and my hair was exsactly like the other bridesmaids. We had all rushed upstairs to get our dresses on and came downstairs and waited for Caz to finish getting her hair done. 

I was standing in the kitchen practising my speech when the door bell rang. Someone else can get it. I have to practise my speech. Speeches have never really been my thing as I remember distinctly a time in college where I had to say a speech about equality and how important it was. I ended up running out of class to the nearest toilet and I throwing up my lunch. It was not pretty. My Dad picked me up from school and was super nice about it. I was the butt of every joke for the whole year but I got over it.

"Caz is one of the bestfriend...fuck...one of my bestfriend in the whole world." I was mumbling my speech to myself. I can't even speak proper english.

"CAMERON! Come here!" Mum yelled from the front. Ugh! I was never going to get a proper practise in if people kept interupting me. I walked out to where everyone was and I froze in my spot when I saw Jack standing talking to Emily. It was like the world had stopped spinning and it was just me and him. He was wearing a fitting black suit, fancy black dress shoes and he had his hair parted at the side and slicked sideways. He looked so fucken hansome! I felt butterflies in my stomach and I couldn't help the blush that had crept into my cheeks. All of a sudden he looked up and his eyes met mine. My heart melted. His eyes roamed up and down my body before coming back to meet my eyes. I felt extreamly awkward and nervous all at once.

Then it happened...A huge smile entered his face and I couldn't help but smile back. He walked over to me in quick easy strides and stopped a few centimetres away from me. He was unbearably close and I tired desperately not to take a step back from his close proximity.

"Cameron, you look absolutely stunning." He leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on my cheek before stepping back. It was awfully quiet before he said, "This is where you say 'Oh thank you Jack! You're so funny, sexy and hansome.'"

I stared at him wide eyed before I responded. "Well...well you look...nice."

"Nice? Is that all I get? Nice." He genuinely looked dissapointed and I felt like a dick. He said all those nice thing about me and the best I had was nice.