Chapter Five - Foul Play

After a two minute ride back to the house I started to dread walking into the house. Daniel sensed my unease and put both of his hands behind my back and pushed me towards the door. The door opened before we arrived and out came Mum standing with tears rolling down her face. Her arms were spread out wide, warm and welcoming.

I shook my head and instantly her arms dropped to her sides. She stepped aside and made room for me to walk in instantly her hand was on my back rubbing circles round and around. Instantly I felt comforted and turned and grabbed Mum in a bear hug and squeezed her tightly.

After a while I let go of her and she stood looking at me rubbing my cheek. I knew my cheek had bruised as I had caught Daniel gawping at it when he was talking to me. We walked into the sitting room together to which the party goers from lastnight had congregated.

"Cameron!" Caz gasped. "Are you okay?"
I smiled a weak smile.
"Hows the foot?" I asked.
"Sore. Hey..." Caz trailed off. Silence filled the room and I all of sudden felt suffocated.

My smiled started to slowly fade as I realised that my father was in the house just by the looks on everyones faces.

I needed to get out of here. I walked to the kitchen, I paused knowing that my father and the Men were in there but my keys were in there and I had to get away to clear my head. I walked in and silence came over everyone. This wasn't us. Our family was loud and we loved to laugh tension like this was dispersed with a shake of ones hand. My family was slowly coming apart.

I looked up and made eye contact with my father. Nothing. Not a single word. I snickered and progressed to where my keys were hanging.

"And where the hell do you think your going?" Craig spat.
"Dad!" Ethan, the elder one out of my Twin brothers growled.
"No! I asked her a question." Craig asked as he stalked towards me. I ignored him and started to make my way towards the door when I felt a tight grip around my arm. Not this again!

"You're a selfish, manipulative, deceitful spoilt brat! This time is not about you, but here you are making it all about you! You're the maid of honour for goodness sake! You would be married too if you weren't such a whore!" He looked at me out of breath.

Did he just call me a whore? I know he did not just call me a whore! I started sassing him in my head but nothing came out. Tears started to roll down my face. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"THAT IS ENOUGH!" Edward, the younger one of the twins yelled.

"What has gotten in to you?" Ethan questioned.

"I'm sorry you feel that way, Dad." I said calmly. I heard Caz come up behind me with her cruches. Ethan then proceeded to pull Dads arm off mine while Daniel slowly pushed him away from me.

I turned around to see Caz sobbing with wide sorrowful eyes. I took a deep breath and walked over to her and kissed her on the forehead.

"I'll be back soon, okay?" I wispered quietly. Her eye flew to mine and she let out a quiet sob. I need to clear my head. I got in my car and drove back into Claireview. All this drama over a sprained ankle. I mean, I guess I understand where Dad is coming from but this was so out of character for my father.