Chapter 31 - Tea and Coffee

I closed the front door behind me firmly and I found Jack standing in the hallway staring at me. I gave him a small smile before I signalled for him to start following me. Lisa and Bart had already ran off in the direction of the living room. I flicked on the hallway lights and started to make my way to the kitchen.

"This is a nice place you got here." Jack complimented as he scanned the open living area. 

"Thanks. I brought it for a bargain and did it up. Right where you're standing use to be a wall seperating the living room and the dinning room. I liked the idea of open living better." I smiled to myself at how beautiful my home had turned out.

"Did you do it by yourself?" Jack asked as he stared at me intently.

"No. Damon, the guy next door, he's a builder. He helped me out when he could and I also had Ethan and Edward who chipped in here and there. Liam, my work mate and partner in the force, helped also. Caz and some of my friends helped finish the sanding and the painting. I lived at Damon's house for most of the renovation, much to my ex-boyfriends annoyance, but I wanted to be close to home. Its my home." I looked around and smiled to myself brightly, I almost wanted to give myself a pat on the back but I didn't want Jack to think I was even more of a weirdo. I've never really taken a step back and fully appriciated my house like this before. It had turned out really nice. I stopped looking around and noticed that Jack had advanced and was staring at me deeply. I rounded the kitchen island and went to turn on the jug. I heard Jack pull out a kitchen stood and waited quietly as I tried to figure out what I was going to say next. Was he going to stay over? Did he want clothes? The only clothes I had that would fit him were Bobby-Lee's. No, wait. I burn't them the day he left.

"Sorry, what was that?" I turned around and looked at Jack who was staring at me with a confused look. Did I really just talk to myself while Jack is here? For goodness sake! 

"Sorry, Tea or Coffee?" Good recovery. Nice!

"Oh, black tea thanks." He looked around and his eyes connected with my photograph hanging on the wall. He stood from the stool and walked over to the hanging picture frames. I turned back around and started preparing his tea and my coffee. "WOW!" He exclaimed.

"What is it?" I asked as I had finished preparing his cup and my cup. I turned back around and looked at him still in his figure hugging suit. His arms were dying to be released from the shackles of his jacket and his ass looked nice in those dress pants. Yep, mama likey! 

"You went to University?" He asked with wide eyes.

"Don't be so surprised!" I said while laughing at the look of surprise plastered on his face.

"Sorry, its just that I never pictured you to be a Law student. Now your a police officer, how did that happen?" 

"Well, I graduated from the University of Waikato and I realised that I didn't want to be a lawyer, so I joined the police force and now I'm here. Its really not that great of a story." The jug popped and I poured hot water into both of our cups. I turned around and Jack was sitting back in his seat looking at my fridge, obivously enjoying all the many note and reminders I had stuck to it. I placed the cup in front of him and pulled out a stool around the corner from him.

"Thank you." He said greatfully. He looked at my cup and then smiled. "So you're a coffee girl."

I smiled brightly before I confidently recited a poem my friends at University made up. "Always coffee, never tea, fuck me twice, you'll soon agree." I looked at him in horror and then dropped my head into my hands. That's it, he deffinitely knows I'm a weirdo. I looked at him through my fingers and asked him a question. "Did I just say that out loud?"