Chapter 15 - Beautiful

We pulled up to the small and elegant church which was a 10 minute drive out of Riversdale. I parked the quad bike and switched the engine off. Dad was standing outside with his phone to his ear. He looked angry, I just need to watch my tongue and keep the peace. Yep. I could do that, keep the peace. For Caz. 

"There you two are! I've been calling and calling!" His voice was harsh but his eyes were soft. I've never seen him look so panicked or nervous. He leaned forward and wrapped his arms around Caz squeezing her tightly. He let go of her and looked at me. "I would like to talk to you after this, if thats okay with you." Dad's voice cracked slightly and I looked at him surprised. My Dad was never this emotional, the only other time he was this emotional was when Mum beat breast cancer and they renewed their vows. 

"Yeah, of course." I replied quietly. Ethan came running to the door looking exasperated. 

"Where the hell have you two been? Daniel has been going crazy wondering where Caz is! He has news to tell you guys." Ethan spoke hurriedly.

"Keep your pants on!" Caz and I said at the same time. We looked at eachother and smiled. I'm so happy that she has found someone who loves her unconditionally; she deserves it. We both walked into the church and Daniels eyes lit up. He walked purposefully over to Caz and dipped her while he assaulted her lips. Isn't this big kiss meant for tomorrow? Kissing is weird. You are literally sharing spit with eachother. What was romantic about that? Call me a cynic but lovely dovey people made me sick.

"Eww! Thats enough!" Ethan grunted. 

Daniel finally released her and she stood up looking flushed. Girl needs a glass of water and a cold shower, me thinks. I walked over to join the other bridesmaids who stood marvelling at Daniel and his recent display of PDA. 

"I have some news!" Daniel spoke loudly as he had Caz pulled in tightly to his side. So I'm guessing they're over their small argument. Another problem to tick off the list. "Dylan isn't able to make it to the wedding tomorrow which sucks for you Cameron, I now you where dying to be close to him!" He winked at me.

"Was it that obivious?" I replied sarcastically. Everybody laughed humorously as they all knew Dylan and I had a mutual distaste for eachother.

"Yes, it was. Dylan wasn't my original best-man, Jack was." He looked off to the side and pointed to the direction of Jack, who had somehow slipped passed my sexy-man radar when I first entered the church, and smiled brightly. Caz looked up and let out very painfully loud excited squeal. "Jack and I work in Claireview Hospital together in the Emergency Department and Jack was my orginal choice of Best-Man but, his brother was going to get married this weekend and for personal reasons it was called off. Now he's here and Dylan isn't so, Jack is my new Best-Man!"

Dr. McDreamy was the Best-Man! OH FUCK! How was I going to stand close to him? He smelt AMAZING! He looked like sex on legs and his biceps where such a huge distraction. Why, in the hell hadn't I met him before? I live in the same town as Caz and Daniel. I'm at their place more than any usual relation would be, so how have I not met him before? This was so unfair! God must really have it in for me.

"Cameron! Cameron!" Daniel yelled.

"HUH? What?" I answered.

"I was saying that you two should get to know eachother." Daniel said simply.

"Oh do I know her! We met lastnight. She stepped on my foot and elbowed me in the ribs!" Jack said while walking towards me. 

"It was an ACCIDENT!" I all but screamed. I looked around to the other bridemaids and groomsmen who stood staring at me curiously.

"Hey! Its okay! I forgive you. Did I mention she also tried to hug me?" Jack said while smerking ferociously. Everyone gasped dramatically, adding to the tension that was building. 

"Oh please! I was merely reaching my arms out to catch you if you fell." I responded quickly.

"Whatever makes you sleep at night, Beautiful" Jack said while walking back to where the groomsmen were lined up. I stooding standing with my mouth agape. Did he just...? Was I hearing right? Did Jack just call me...Beautiful? Daniel and Caz looked at me with huge grins plastered on their faces with their eyebrows raised. They obviously thought Jack and I had something going on! Which was ridiculous, I mean who would be interested in me and my manly arms?

"Now that we have that out of the way, can we please have the bridesmaids outside walking in, please?" The minister asked from behind us. "Also we will start playing the entrance song. Girls, no need to hurry your steps, just nice and slow. From the top please." The bridesmaids all filed out and we stood in order. Georgia first, then Emily, followed by Sarah and then me. Caz and Dad stood behind me arm in arm.

Marry me by Train started playing and I couldn't help but turn around and smile brightly at Caz. It was the perfect song for their love. Their love was as pure as the first day they met. Funnily enough they met at the same pub Caz got into a fight in lastnight. I had to blink away tears as I saw the loving look Dad gave to Caz, it spoke volumes about the love a father has for his daughter.

The other bridesmaids walked infront of me slowly with hands raised as though they were holding flowers. It was my turn and I walked slowly and looked up to see Daniel smiling, he was perfect I decided. My eyes slowly moved to his side and my eyes clashed with sparkly light brown eyes, Jack's. I quickly looked down and took my place on stairs and smiled towards Caz. She is going to be the most beautiful bride-EVER!

I was excited!