Chapter 29 - Tears Stream

I ran the whole way, even though my feet cried out in mercy I couldn't stop running. I had been wearing heels all day and I could feel blisters slowly forming on my feet. Tears streamed down my face with the wind whipping past me harshly, drying the few tears that stayed on my face. My chest hurt and I couldn't tell whether it was because of the amount of alcohol I had drank or whether it was from the recent emotional and painful event. My life had come to a dramatic stand still and the worst part about it is that I don't even know who I am anymore. What was my last name? I had finally made it to Craigs house and ran inside. Before I knew what had happened, I went crashing face foward onto the floor. Motherfucker! I sat up and inspected my sore knee as it throbbed beneath my fingers. I stood up painfully and ran to the kitchen to grab my keys and the bolted out to where my car was parked. I needed to get out of here.

"Cameron." A deep voice said from behind me, I got such a fright that dropped my keys.

I spun around hurriedly with my hand on my heart. "JACK! What are you doing here?" I cried out in fear.

"Hey, hey, hey its okay! Its just me." Jack said as he pulled me into him, hugging me close to his chest. I felt safe and protected, I didn't want this to end. I cried into his suit and I knew I would have to pay for it to be dry cleaned. I liked the way he rubbed circles onto my back and I loved the way he smelled! Man I sound more and more creepier when I'm around him.

What am I doing? He can't see me weak! I refuse for him to see me weak. I pulled back and tried to wipe the tears away fron my face. There was no point, he had already seen my ugly side when I directed those mean words towards my Mum.
"Come on, lets get out of here." He bent down and retrieved my keys. He then walked around the car and held the passenger door open for me.

"I c-can d-drive." I hiccupped.

"Its okay, I'll drive. Hop in." I looked at him and then to then to the passenger seat. He was right, I was in no shape to stand up, let alone drive. I slid in and put my seat belt on before leaning my head against the window and staring aimlessly outside. This day had gone horribly, it was Caz and Daniels wedding day and now it was ruined. Why couldn't they wait till after the day was over? The day started out great, Caz looked amazing, Daniel looked hansome, the bridesmaids and I looked...flawless, Jack looked sexy and everyone was happy even Craig. I'm so hurt and tired I can't be bothered thinking about it anymore. But, I had to have one question answered, what was my last name?

We started to slow down, so I got curious and lifted my head from the window. Ethan and Edward were standing in front of the car. Ugh! Edward circled around to my side and Ethan circled around to Jack's side. I flicked my hand across the lock so Edward wouldn't be able to open my door. I didn't want to talk to anyone and especially not Edward. He started pulling the car door handle and banging on the window.

"Cameron, open the door." He said calmly and when I didn't comply he got angry, real quick. "Open the fucking door, Cameron! CAMERON."

Jack opened his door and hopped out.
"Look banging on the door like that isn't helping is it?"

"Jack stay out of this! Cameron, open the door." Edward said a bit more calmly.

"I will not stay out of this. She obviously doesn't want to talk right now, so just back off and leave her alone." Jack stated angrily. Jack's gone and done it now.

"Excuse me? Who do you think you're talking to? If I want my sister to get out of the car 'cause I don't trust her with a man-whore like you, I will tell her to get out of the car." Edward ground out.

"You don't trust me with her?" Jack questioned.

"No, I don't. I've seen the way you've been looking at her this whole weekend and I don't trust that you wont try something on her while shes vaunarable. So give me the keys and I'll take her home." Edward stated simply.

"You don't trust me with her? I don't trust you with her. I know your a mummies boy, how do I know you wont scold her for the way she talked to mummy darest?" Jack countered. I turn to my side and Edward was no longer there. Fuck! I unlocked the door and jumped out quickly. I saw Ethan stand inbetween Edward and Jack, obviously trying to get them to stop fighting.

"STOP! Edward go, now. Jack is taking me home and thats final. Caz needs you guys. Put everything behind you just for tonight and make sure she enjoys the rest of the night. Tell her I love her. Jack lets go." I hopped back into the car and slammed my door shut before putting my belt back on. Edward had started to walk back in the direction of the wedding before he turned around and blew me a kiss, something he did when he left for school and I would cry in the car because I wanted to go to school. My eyes became blurry and I reached my hand out as though to grab it. He then turned and carried on walking.

"Jack you listen carefully to every word that is going to come out of my mouth. You hurt her or try something on her and I find out, I will find you and I will kill you with my bare hands. Take her home safely and if you can do that without fucking up, I give you permission for that thing you asked me about." Ethan said in a serious voice. What 'thing' was he talking about?

"Yes, of course. I promise to get her home safely." Jack said with a slight quiver in his voice. Wont you look at that, Jack is afraid of Ethan! Jack hopped back into the drivers seat before turning and smiling a tight smile at me. Ethan popped his head down by Jack and looked at me.

"I'll see you tomorrow, okay? Go home and get some rest, love you blister." With that he stepped back and closed Jack's door.

Soon enough we made our way to the open road and the silence in the car was awkward and deafening. I reached forward and turned the radio on. The song on the radio fit my situation perfectly and I started to cry. Fix you by Coldplay.

Tears stream down your face...