coffee+monster

Hi my slightly [or very] crazy readers! I'm back!

I'm really sorry for not updating, but as some of you may know, I've been dealing with a lot of stress and pressure so I hope you'll forgive me?

Anyway, this is a mortal AU and Percabeth are in their senior year.

Just a heads up, I have no idea where the idea came from, and it's freakin crazy. And also the monster is the title refers to the energy drink, not an actual monster.

Disclaimer - Nope. Not RR. 

Enjoy reading!

[][][][][][]

Third Person P.O.V

Percy slowly shuffled into his first class of the day -- chemistry. Of course it had to be the most boring thing ever. And of course it had to start at 7.00 freaking A.M in the morning. High school really sucked.

He was in the last semester of his senior year, and he couldn't wait until he finally graduated. But right now, Percy Jackson was stuck doing formulaes he would never, ever use.

He sat in the back of the outermost row, and thumped his forehead on the desk, trying not to fall asleep. It would've helped if any of his friends were there in this class, but they all had different schedules, and if Percy wasn't so quiet, he might've actually made friends, but life.

Suddenly, a loud thump came from beside Percy. He almost fell out of his chair, but managed to grip the edge of the desk before he could.

Percy turned and saw a Annabeth Chase, the smartest girl in their year. They weren't exactly 'friends' -- Percy and Annabeth had talked a few times throughout the year, but only when they worked on projects together.

Percy didn't know Annabeth personally, but from what he did know, and what he had heard about her, let's just say he found her intriguing.

By looks, she was a typical California girl, tanned skin, long wavy hair, great figure, the only thing that set her apart were her steely grey eyes. Percy found them intimidating and beautiful at the same time. She was also running for valedictorian, and had a reputation for punching guys when they asked her out and/or looked at her dirty.

But today, Annabeth looked delirious. Her eyes were wide open, with dark circles surrounding them, her usually neatly pulled back hair was open and messed up, and she looked ruffled.

Percy raised his eyebrow and muttered out a hesitant hi, "Hi...?"

Annabeth turned to him and energetically said, "Hi!" After that, she grabbed a 'Monster' [the energy drink y'all, not an actual monster] from her backpack and dumped it into the coffee she was holding. She turned to Percy again and said, "I am going to die." And right after saying that, she chugged the Monster-coffee mixture, and Percy grimaced at even thinking about the taste.

Annabeth put the cup down and scrunched up her face at the taste. Percy would've thought she looked adorable, if he wasn't witnessing her going crazy. After gulping down the drink, she looked at him and said, "I feel brilliant." She went in for another sip, but Percy quickly grabbed the cup out of her hands and held it away from her.

"Hey!" Annabeth whined. "Give it back!" She pouted, puckering her lips. Percy knees would've buckled if he already wasn't sitting down because Annabeth looked really damn cute.

"Woah, Annabeth, you need to chill. This is tons of caffeine and sugar." Percy said, still restraining her. "It's not healthy for you."

"You never eat anything healthy either." Annabeth pointed out. She had a good point.