memories [tw // death]

hello my slightly [or very] crazy readers! NEIGH NEIGH [don't ask i-]

this is a song oneshot, and annabeth died while fighting in the war with gaea.

trigger warning - includes death/mentions of death.

enjoy reading!

[][][][][][]

Percy P.O.V

Today was the day. Annabeth's funeral. The day she died. I remember the ordeal, start to finish.

Flashback start

I was fighting a dracaena. Damn dracaenas.

Slash

Kick

Dodge

Suddenly a scream was heard. Not anybody's scream. Annabeth's scream. I quickly killed the dracaena and pushed through the hordes of monsters and demigods, killing any monster in my way. What I saw, it would break me forever. Annabeth on the ground, her stomach shredded and leaking blood.

"No, no, no, no, no, NO!" I whisper-yelled, slowly starting to hyperventilate. The battle still raged around us.

Annabeth smiled at me weakly, coughing up blood. "P-per-percy.."

"Shh, don't talk. We'll get you a healer. You'll be up and fighting in no time." I tried to 

"No. It's my t-time to g-go. Pro-promise me.....promise me one thing. B-be happy. I'll always love you, Seaweed Brain." She said.

Those were her last words, before she went limp in my arms.

"NOOOOOOO!" I screamed as I sobbed. "I can't be happy without you, Annabeth."

"I'll kill whoever did this, Wise Girl." I said, as unbearable fury replaced unbearable grief. "I'll tear the monster with my bear hands. I promise."

I got up, my eyes burning with anger, explaining why many monsters and several demigods scrambled away from me. The battle arena [A/N I don't know what else to call it] was silent. The sound of war stopped for a spare minute.

"Who killed Annabeth?" I growled.

"Oh, young love." A voice said. I recognized the voice. It was Gaea. "I did, Percy Jackson. Annabeth Chase is dead. Your blood, mixed with hers, will splatter the Earth, waking me up!"

I don't know what happened next. I just...fought. Fought and killed. In the end I know I fulfilled my promise. I tore Gaea apart with my bare hands.

After the war, everybody - well, most - were happy. We had won the war. I couldn't be happy. Because Annabeth was dead. My biggest source of happiness was gone.

Flashback end

I opened my eyes. A tear slid down my cheek. I quickly wiped it before anyone could see. 

" .....Maybe Annabeth wasn't loved widely, but she was loved deeply. Today somebody is going to sing for us, the person who loved her the most. I'd like to call up the person she loved the most, her boyfriend and the love of her life, Percy Jackson." Chiron said, as he ended his speech.

There was scattered applause, as I got up and headed towards her shroud.

"Okay, so um, I'm Percy. I loved Annabeth more than I've ever loved anybody. I'm just gonna start the song, because if I don't I'm going to start crying." I said, my voice cracking.

Here's to the ones that we got

Cheers to the wish you were here, but you're not

'Cause the drinks bring back all the memories

Of everything we've been through

Toast to the ones here today

Toast to the ones that we lost on the way

'Cause the drinks bring back all the memories

And the memories bring back, memories bring back you

There's a time that I remember, when I did not know no pain

When I believed in forever, and everything would stay the same

Now my heart feel like December when somebody say your name

'Cause I can't reach out to call you, but I know I will one day, yeah

Everybody hurts sometimes

Everybody hurts someday, ayy ayy

But everything gon' be alright

Go and raise a glass and say, ayy

My voice cracked a little. I knew I couldn't go on

Here's to the ones that we got

Cheers to the wish you were here, but you're not

'Cause the drinks bring back all the memories

Of everything we've been through

Toast to the ones here today

Toast to the ones that we lost on the way

'Cause the drinks bring back all the memories

And the memories bring back, memories bring back you

I broke off and slumped to the ground the mike slipping from my hand. Tears were pouring down my cheeks. Everybody was silent, they knew their apologies and words couldn't console me. 

The love of my life was dead. Annabeth was dead. My Wise Girl was gone.

[][][][][][]

this was definitely sloppy and not my best but i HAD to post something. 

if you liked it, please don't forget to vote, comment and follow!

hopefully, the next one will be better. 

<33