she might've said yes

hello my slightly [or very] crazy readers! before someone, *cough* brit *cough*, starts fangirling/fanboying, THIS IS NOT A PROPOSAL ONESHOT!

anyway, percy and annabeth are in their mid-twenties, and are planning to go to chb. and thanks for the idea KTCat07!

disclaimer - still not rr!

enjoy reading!

[][][][][][]

"Annabeth! You ready? We have to go?" I yelled from the living room of our apartment. As I yelled that, I realized I sounded a bit too excited. 

I was really happy - to the point of giddiness. Last night was one of the best nights of my life. I finally got the courage to propose, and Annabeth said yes! 

It was perfect, just me and her, without anyone else, without the Gods interfering. Nobody, not even Grover knew that we got engaged. We were going to Camp Half Blood, where we could announce the fantastic news. She was my fiancé now, and I would finally get my happy ending. Our happy ending.

I broke out of my thoughts as I heard Annabeth call me into our bedroom, "Percy? Come in here!"

I was confused. Annabeth was really excited and she wanted to get to Camp as soon as possible. I shrugged it off, and walked into the bedroom, seeing Annabeth sitting on the bed, playing with her fingers. 

I had a nagging sense that something was wrong. Gently, I said, "Hey."

Annabeth looked up and her mouth pulled up into a half smile. She held her right hand out to me, and I accepted it. She said, "Sit."

I sat down next to Annabeth, still holding her hand. "What happened?"

She turned towards me and said, "How did you feel when I kissed you in Mt. Helens?"

I was dumbfounded, "Huh?"

Annabeth shrugged, "How did you feel when I kissed you in Mt. Helens?"

"I was confused at first, but then I was happy." I replied, not knowing where the conversation was going.

"Would you have preferred it to be Rachel instead of me?" She said quietly.

I was shocked. Annabeth was never like this. I placed my free hand on her cheek and said, "No, of course not.. I love you."

Annabeth smiled but it wasn't wholehearted. "And when I kissed you after the war on your birthday?"

"My brain was fried, but I was so happy. I had been crushing on you for so long." I said, genuine.

Annabeth whispered, "Do you ever regret our relationship?"

That got me really surprised. I crouched on my knees in front of her, and took her left hand. "Annabeth, I regret a lot of things, but our relationship? It's something I will never regret. If I did, why would I -" I broke off, when I saw Annabeth's left hand, particularly her ring finger. It was bare, the engagement ring wasn't there. 

I knew Annabeth wouldn't take her ring off, we literally got engaged last night, and I'm pretty sure she was already in love with it. 

I immediately stood up and whipped out Riptide, my head spinning with worry and anger.

"Who are you?" I said in a controlled tone. "Where's Annabeth?" I pointed edged the sword closer to her neck.

The impostor acted shocked, "Percy, it's me, Annabeth. What are you talking about?"

I pushed the sword against the impostor's neck, "No, you're not. Where is Annabeth?"

"Fine, I'm not Annabeth." The impostor huffed. It's appearance changed from curly blonde hair and grey eyes, to straight black hair and blue eyes. "I'm Aphrodite."

I didn't care that she was a goddess, "Where's Annabeth?" I asked with gritted teeth.

"She's safe, already at Camp Half Blood." Aphrodite said.

I lowered Riptide and capped it, "Why are you here?"

"I was bored, so I decided to check in with my favourite couple." She shrugged like it was no big deal. 

I clenched my teeth. The Gods were just lazy assholes that messed with demigods. "Great." I said with heavy sarcasm in my voice. "Can you transport me to CHB now?"

Aphrodite rolled her eyes but nodded. "Before you go, how did you notice I wasn't Annabeth? I should've looked exactly identical to her."

"Because you didn't -" I trailed off. I wasn't supposed to announce the news yet. "Umm...lover's gut feeling?" I mentally smacked myself. That was a horrible attempt to get out of saying the real reason.

Aphrodite rolled her eyes again. "I know when you're lying, Perseus. Tell me the truth."

"It's Percy." I said, panicking inside.

"Whatever. Tell me the truth." Aphrodite charmspoke.

I felt the urge to say the truth, even though I didn't want to, "I proposed to Annabeth yesterday and she might've said yes. You weren't wearing the engagement ring." I blurted out.

The Goddess looked at me in shock for a second before she screamed. "WHAT!!!?? YOU PROPOSED?! HOW DO I NOT KNOW OF THIS?!"

I quickly said, "Nobody knows, except Annabeth and I. We wanted it to be private!"

Aphrodite squealed and jumped, and started saying some gibberish in a different language, probably fangirl language. And that's when I knew I wasn't getting to Camp Half Blood anytime soon.

[][][][][][]

this turned out to be sucky. 

i have the next two chapters planned, but i'm so stressed and busy with school, i can't do anything.

i promise [more like hope] the next oneshot will be better. 

if you liked it, please don't forget to vote, comment and follow!

bai 🌈