worst best christmas ever

hello my slightly [or very] crazy readers! merry super very early christmas!

right, so i know it's literally like nine months to christmas, but i had the idea, and had to write it so yeah lol. mortal au, and they're in their early twenties.

disclaimer - i'm not rick riordan. everyonewhothinksso i'm not.

enjoy reading!

[][][][][][]

"What? Are you kidding me? It's Christmas, we just want to get back to our families!" Percy said stressfully as he paced around his and Annabeth's hotel room. "Well, when is the next flight heading out?" He and Annabeth had been in Chicago for the past week and half. They were supposed to get home to New York by the 20th, but because of the raging storm, they weren't even allowed to go out, let alone go on a flight.

He waited for a reply, and then said, "A week?! It's already the 24th, we want to be in New York by tonight!"

"Yes, yes, I understand there's a storm here in Chicago and the flights are being cancelled but-" The attendant on the other end cut Percy off.

"Okay, okay, we'll wait. Please just give us a call when the flight is available." With that, Percy hung up and ran his hands through his hair, messing it up even more.

Annabeth walked into the the room from the bathroom, and asked, "Is the flight delayed more?"

Percy nodded.

Annabeth sighed, "Well, when is the next flight out of here?"

"They said that they can't be sure, but the storm is very bad here, and no flights can take off so probably next week." He said.

Her eyes grew big, "Next week? But Christmas is tomorrow!"

"I know."

"Can't we do something else, like drive or whatever?"

"It's a twelve hour ride. And do you really want to take the chance? Apparently, the roads are iced over and there have been a lot of accidents."

"Yeah. Yeah, you're right." Annabeth said, she was the one pacing now. "What are we gonna do now?" 

Percy grabbed her shoulders to calm her down and said, "Hey, it'll be fine. We'll figure something out."

Annabeth took a deep breath, "Yeah, yeah, okay, we will."

Annabeth sat on the, while Percy laid down with his legs hanging off of the end. 

After a few minutes of comfortable silence, Annabeth said, "So while the wait here, should we explore the hotel? I mean, we did spend a lot on an hotel with activities and barely explore it because we were out in the city."

Percy sat up immediately, "Heck yes."

They both pulled on their shoes and ran out the door. The hotel was mostly silent because most of the guests had left much before the storm hit.

Percy grabbed Annabeth hand and they ran through the corridors and into the elevator, "Let's go bowling first." He said, pushing the floor that bowling was on.

As they walked out of the elevator, Annabeth said, "You are going to get destroyed at this."

Percy held out a hand to shake, "Bet I won't. Whoever loses has to buy the other ice cream."

Annabeth shook his hand, and they stared at each other for a split second, when Percy yanked his hand out of hers and sprinted towards the bowling alley, yelling, "Race you to the bowling alley!"