broken pt. 2

hey my slightly [or very] crazy readers! get ready for some f e e l s.

anyways, we start off from where we ended in the last part, and we have a great combo of angst + fluff.

disclaimer - i'm not rick.

enjoy reading!

[][][][][][]

"I don't know if this relationship is going to work anymore." With that one sentence, my heart shattered.

Percy walked out of the room, and I collapsed against the door.

He's going to break up with me.

FLASHBACK END

I opened my teary eyes, and my eyelashes stuck together. I got up with difficulty, and trudged over to the mirror. What I saw disgusted me. Not only physically, but also emotionally.

Percy was right, I had promised him, and I broke the promise. I had made too big of a mistake.

I had to do something, apologize, make things right, something.

I wiped my eyes, and my already smudged mascara spread all over my cheekbones.

I took a deep breath, and with all of my willpower, I opened the door and went into the living room. 

I walked out hesitantly, just to see Percy sitting on the sofa, his head in his hands, the white dress shirt loosely hanging around his chest.

"Percy?" I reached out.

"Go away, Annabeth."  He mumbled into his hands. "I don't want to talk to you right now."

"Percy please. Please just talk to me." I pleaded.

"I tried to talk to you days ago. Should've talked talked to me then." He snapped.

I felt anger build up inside me, and I knew it wasn't good, but I couldn't stop it. "Okay, stop turning this on me. It's not just my fault!"

"I never said it was!" Percy wheeled on me. "But atleast I tried ! I tried talking to you, for our relationship but you never even acknowledged it!"

"What are you talking about? I don't-" 

"Of course you don't know. Just think about it. All the times in these past few weeks where I tried to call you, talk to you, communicate with you. But you just brushed me off."

I thought about the last few weeks. At first, I didn't remember anything, but as I dug deeper, I knew, he had tried. So, so many times. I was at fault.

But, of course, my fatal flaw - pride - had to chime in. I just could not accept my mistake. I tried to say sorry, but my pride was taking over now. I didn't say anything. I felt myself die a little inside, and it was so, so wrong, to not say anything, but I couldn't do anything about it now.

"Seriously? You're not gonna say anything? Do you even care about this relationship anymore?" Percy said, in anger, but behind the frustration, I could see his tears pooling up. He tugged on his hair and paced around, "Maybe-maybe, this was a bad idea. Moving in together. Maybe we should've stayed at camp. We should not have moved in together, I mean we're so young, everything's going wrong, this is not good, I'm spiraling. I don't know what to do, we're so young, we-"

I zoned out, while Percy continued ranting. I closed my eyes, and I saw all my happy memories with Percy, all my best  memories.

FLASHBACK/MEMORIES

I saw Percy and I as 13 year olds, underwater, Percy letting me cry on his shoulder, comforting me from the Sirens.

I saw myself and Percy on Mt. Saint Helens, crouching behind the big cauldron, having a heated argument, before I grabbed his shirt and kissed him. He looked like his brain would melt.