okay [tw // physical abuse]

hello my slightly [or very] crazy readers! i duly apologize for this. 

mortal au, and percy and annabeth are seniors.

trigger warning - includes physical abuse.

[][][][][][]

Percy P.O.V

I slowed my car as I pulled up to hell...er- I mean Goode High School. Senior year sucks. Only a couple more months before I can get out of here. 

I walked through the gates and found Annabeth idling beside the lockers we usually met at. 

We had known each other for six years, and gods, she was actually amazing. No matter how popular I get, no matter how many people ask me out, I'll always love Annabeth.

I fell in love with her when we were fifteen, three years after we met. But before I built up my courage to tell her, she met Luke. Luke Castellan, hot, playboy extreme, and a definite heartbreaker. I'd told Annabeth before that maybe he was not good for her, but she just brushed it off.

I knew everything there was to know about Annabeth, we never hid anything from each other. But today I knew something was wrong, the way her usually sharp eyes were hazy and panicky, and the way her body language was guarded. There was something wrong.

I headed towards her, and wrapped my arm around her shoulder. Normally, she would just laugh at me and say hi. But today she jumped around and almost decapitated me with her scissor.

"Jesus Christ, Annabeth. It's just me." I said, relieved to still have my head attached to my neck.

Annabeth leaned into my arm and murmured, "Sorry."

I looked at her from an arm's length and stared at her, "Hey, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, nothing. Absolutely nothing. I'm good." Annabeth said, in a sort of frenzied way.

"Okay?" I said, still not totally convinced. "Are we still on for today?" We had made plans to chill at my house after school.

"Yeah, of course." She said.

There was definitely something wrong, and I would find out what it was.

Time skip [After school] [In Percy's apartment]

There was something wrong with Annabeth. I knew that much. But I just didn't know the extent.

The whole day, Annabeth had been squirmish. But halfway through The Little Mermaid Annabeth started moving a lot more. She started pulling sweater down again and again and again. I tried to ignore it, but after 3/4 of the movie, I couldn't take it anymore.

I paused the movie and turned towards Annabeth, "Wise Girl, I know there's something wrong. Come on, I can help. Please tell me." I said in a soothing tone.

She suddenly burst into tears.

Annabeth P.O.V