bad parties

hi. haven't been here in over a year.

enjoy x

*****

Percy wrinkled his nose in disgust as he spotted yet another couple making out, pressed against the wall. This was his 7th couple of the night, although he'd only been at this party for around an hour. 

This stupid, dumb party. Stupider, dumber Percy for agreeing to come.

Percy Jackson was the captain of his college's swim team. They'd had a championship today, with their rival school, and Percy had made his team win by a huge lead. 

His teammates had begged and pleaded for him to come to the party they were throwing in honour of the win. "You have to come! After all, you're the one that made sure we won!"  They'd said. "Please, Percy, come on! It's one party!"

Annoyed, but fairly amused by their begging, Percy had said yes. "Okay, I'll come." A huge cheer had gone up. This was one of the only parties he would be attending, in all the 2 years of college he had been through yet.

He severely regretted his choice. He'd been asked atleast 6 times to drink something; even more times to make out with some random drunk person. He'd declined everytime. Percy Jackson didn't do one-night stands, and he certainly didn't drink.

Percy grimaced again as he made his way to sweaty, grinding bodies, swaying to the sound of the loud party music coming from the overhead speakers.

He was making his way to the door, completely over this party, looking forward to going home and watching Disney movies, and then having blissful sleep, even though it was only 10 pm.

But, of course, OF COURSE, someone just had to bump into him. And they had to spill their drink all over his favourite jeans. Great, his best dark wash jeans now smelt like cherry vodka. 

Percy turned to the person and knocked into him, fully ready to unleash his wrath on them. He opened his mouth, "What is wrong with y-?" His mouth slammed shut as he saw who the person was.

Annabeth Chase. Arguably the smartest person in their year. Captain of the volleyball team. His sort-of friend. Amazing kisser.

Red crept up his neck at that thought and he pushed it out of his mind. 

Annabeth's hands covered her prettily flushed face, "Oh my god! I'm so sorry, I swear- wait. Percy?" She said incredulously.

Percy rubbed the back of his neck, "Hi, Annabeth."

Annabeth was wearing baggy jeans and a short glittery tank top, with buttons down the front, and black Converse on her feet, her princess hair pulled up into a hastily made bun, a few pieces hanging out to frame her mascara-and-blush-clad face.

"I'm so sorry for spilling my drink on you." She exclaimed, "I was only trying to get away from JP. Kid's asked me out atleast 6 times. I don't think he understands he's too young for me." Annabeth scrunched her brows, and Percy laughed. JP was the younger brother of their friend, Mason. He was only 14, and no one knew how he always got into their raging parties.

"It's okay," Percy replied, offering a small smile. He didn't give a damn about his ruined jeans anymore.

"Also, congratulations on today!" Annabeth said, suddenly realizing. "You were awesome out there. I cheered for you."

Why did his stomach flutter at that? "Thank you so much." Percy said, "It was pretty cool."

"Yep." Annabeth said, "So, you're here because you won right? I don't remember the last time I saw you at a party."