i love you

hello! this is my first oneshot so it might be cringey. 

okay, so, this is how i imagine percabeth's first i love you if they were mortals.

enjoy reading!

[][][][][][]

         Annabeth P.O.V

I knew it. I was in love with Percy Jackson, my seaweed brain, my boyfriend for 2 years, the guy who knew everything about me. And yet, I was too chicken to say it to him. 

Rejection. That's what I had feared the most. Him telling me that he didn't love me. No, I won't be able to bear that. Remaining quiet was easier. I should just -.  

"Annabeth. Annabeth!" Percy said, as I came out of my thoughts. Everybody on our lunch table was staring at me, sitting quietly, which was a rare occurrence. "Are you okay?"

 I realized I had been staring into space for atleast 5 minutes, and quickly said, "What? Yeah, yeah I'm fine. Don't worry. Just thinking."

 Everybody laughed and returned to their typical chitchat. Well, everyone except Percy. He stared at me skeptically. Damn it! He knew me too well! Me, being a coward, just awkwardly avoided his gaze and tried to join in with the talking. But I was too far gone. Too far gone in thoughts of him.

Percy P.O.V

Annabeth seemed off. Like, weird off. She had been quieter than usual, and staring into oblivion for 5 minutes!? Yeah, definitely not her. 

But right now, seeing her laughing and talking, her striking grey eyes lit up with amusement, everything seemed normal. Actually, way better than normal. 

I stared at her, but no with adoration. This was something else, something deeper. 

Was it love? I was in love with Annabeth? Yeah, who was I kidding? I had been in love with her for so long. But I just never found the courage to tell her. I had to tell her. I needed to tell her.

An idea came into my head. Huh, maybe this could actually work, I could-

Juniper broke me out of my thoughts by saying, "Percy? Are you okay?"

What I hadn't noticed while deep in thought was that a huge smile - almost on the brink maniacal - had spread across my face.

"Oh, yeah." I replied quickly. Everyone looked at me weirdly, except Annabeth, who just rolled her eyes and continued eating.

This is a great idea! Today was 5th July. Annabeth's birthday was a week away! She had a lot of surprises that day, but I really hoped mine would be the best.

1 week later

Everything was done and perfect. Everything had to be done and perfect. Actually, I'm pretty sure it was, just paranoia and nervousness. Now, I had to wait and hope Annabeth likes it...

Annabeth P.O.V

Ugh....I loved this day...But I hated it more. Why? 

1st - Birthday breakfast with my family and Percy.

 2nd - Lunch with Percy, Piper, Jason, Hazel, Frank, Calypso and Leo.

 3rd - A huge surprise birthday bash with the whole family and all my friends.

 All of these were fantastic! And I probably could have lived. But adding my stupidly long architectural internship meeting in there? Nuh-uh. A girl could only handle so much. 

Besides the whole in-love-with-Percy thing was still nagging at the back of my head. To take my mind of it, I thought about pajamas, a hot shower and my comfy bed as I zig-zagged my way through the streets of New York. 

Finally home, I thought as I closed the front door behind me. My dad, Helen and my stepbrothers were probably asleep. After all, it was after midnight. 

I tiptoed across the living room room toward the stairs, where I saw...rose petals? And chits of paper? What was going on? I climbed the stairs, mesmerized. I had only climbed 3 when I saw paper.  I picked it up and opened it. 

It said - Annabeth, from the 1st moment I saw you, with your beautiful blonde hair and amazing grey eyes, I knew you were something special. You were gorgeous, even we were 12. I had a crush on you since then, Wise Girl. It's been 6 years. Can you believe it? 

My eyes got misty instantly, knowing only 1 person would all me Wise Girl.

I climbed a few more steps, when I found another note.   

 It said - Today, you turned 19. It's been (almost) 3 years, Annabeth. 3 years. I don't know about you, but undoubtedly the best 3 of my life. You have made me better in ways I thought impossible. You supported me and stood behind me when no one would. You make me calm when I'm angry. You keep me on my toes. You make me laugh when I want to cry. My point is, without you I don't know where I would be, and it would definitely not be in a good place. This leads me to say probably the most important words of my life...   

A huge grin broke out on my face. I'm sure I looked like a psychopath. But I couldn't help it. I loved him.

 It said - I LOVE YOU, ANNABETH CHASE! More than ANYBODY in the world. I'd do anything for you, if doing it made you happy. Right now might be a good time to look up...  

 I couldn't hold it in anymore. The dams burst and I started crying. Happy tears obviously. I looked up and saw the sweetest and most amazing guy I'd ever met. Percy Jackson. My Seaweed Brain. I ran into his arms and buried my head in his chest. Gods, how did I get so lucky?

Percy P.O.V

I was afraid I'd overdone it. Maybe she feels pressured, or overwhelmed. Oh, this was a bad idea. What if she doesn't love me back, or she breaks up with me, or- 

"Stop overthinking it, Seaweed Brain." Annabeth said in a slightly stuffy voice, as she leaned up and kissed me. "I love you too, so much."

 I probably looked bewildered, because she giggled and took me in her arms. I came back to reality and wrapped my  arms around her in such force that she fell on top of me. In that moment though, I didn't care. I had the love of my life in my arms, and those 3 words she had said back to me, made it even better.

[][][][][][]

hi again! sorry for the horrible - ish ending. i wrote this at two am and i'm really tired.

also don't forget to vote, comment and follow! constructive criticism is always welcome!

x