archie

hi my slightly [or very] crazy readers! <3

i was supposed to post something else, but i just can't finish it-

a dumbass trope and percabeth being domestic. mortals or demigods, not specified, take it as you want.

disclaimer - not rick riordannnnnnnnnn

enjoy reading!

[][][][][][]

"ANNABETH?" Percy yelled for her as he got home from college.

"In the kitchen, Perce!" Annabeth yells back from the kitchen.

Percy bites his lip and goes into the kitchen, hiding some kind of box behind his back.

"Hi, Anna." He says, trying to make sure she doesn't notice the box.

Annabeth looks up from her cookbook and a grin spreads across her face, "Hey, how was- wait, what are you hiding?"

Percy's face flushed, "Uh, nothing." He tried to conceal the box behind his body but that obviously didn't work because the box was much wider than his body.

Annabeth arched an eyebrow, "Percy? What did you get?"

"IT'S NOTHING BAD, I PROMISE!" Percy exclaimed.

"Okay, chill." Annabeth snickered at his totally reassuring scream. "Will you tell me what it is?"

Percy opened his mouth, but he suddenly paused and ran back out into the living room.

Annabeth wiped her hands on her jeans and followed him out, laughing, "Jackson! Tell me what it is!"

She crossed her arms and looked at Percy pointedly, who was standing in front of their door, still holding the box behind his back.

He said, "Okay, so how would you feel if I hypothetically saw an abandoned puppy on the road and got it back home? Hypothetically."

Annabeth put her hand on her forehead, "Percy, what the hell did you do?"

Percy smiled sheepishly and brought out the box, and the flaps popped open, revealing a puppy - beagle by the looks of it. It looked only a few weeks old, but it was adorable.

He put the box down and and pulls the puppy out. The beagle warmed up to Percy immediately, snuggling into his chest. Percy smiled down at it, stroking the the dog's fur softly.

Annabeth sighed, "Percy, the puppy is adorable - I'm pretty sure it's male, by the way - but we cannot keep it. We'll take it to the shelter or have someone else adopt it."

"Annabeth Marilyn Chase, we are not leaving him at a shelter. Absolutely not." Percy stated, and Annabeth cringed at the use of her middle name.

She tried again, "Can we atleast get someone to adopt it?"

"But why?" Percy whined, she could tell he was already attached to the puppy. "Why can't we adopt it?"

"Percy." Annabeth said, "We're college students, we already struggle with school and finances and maturity in general."

"We'll figure something out, please. I really don't want to give him away." Percy said, and he walked to Annabeth. "Just look at him!" Percy gently handed him over to Annabeth, ignoring her protests - it was a well known fact how easily Annabeth got attached to animals.

The puppy was uncomfortable at first, irritated to be shifted out of Percy's arms, but he soon became accustomed to Annabeth's arms and snuggled in.